VEP6 Macro-based Multiport/SinglePort Templates

If you know some things about the environment then positive contributions would be welcome of course. Coming in to this thread and declaring the effort a waste of time according to you, is simply not in any way productive or helpful at all for this particular effort.

Me again! VIC down so asking this here. Using your multiport environment solution is there a way to Mute/Solo each "Port" without using Auxes?

I cannot see a way to do this with the Event Input VSL solution as each track that is inserted is a Software Instrument track but the audio routes back through the main track thats hosting the VEP Server plugin.

What I think you can do in that case is do something similar to this multi port template, create in the environment an instance of midi instrument or multi-instrument and cable them to the channel holding input event plugin. Then reassign tracks to use the midi objects instead of directly to the channel object holding event input. Then you should be able to mute solo the actual midi before it hits the event input plugin

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

i'm trying to use your template but all i get is only one midi channel out, everything goes to ch1 when i'm using the VEP Ports. I just loaded your template so may be i missed something. I read your usage note but should the template be working right out of the box ?

Hello, Any idea why my articulations are never sent on midi channel 1 with the multiport setup ? it's working fine with a regular multitimbral VEP instrument but as soon as i'm using it thru multiport, i can only send my articulations script from channel 2 and above. Im using AG articulations with program change.

I don't own AG, so I can't test it out.. You might want to ask the AG support line about that. I'm presuming that AG requires the use of at least one Scripter script in order to do what it does. And so does the multi port template. Do you have them both going? Try switching around the order. I will try to put some thought into what happens with Program change to see if that is the reason, but I have no knowledge about the AG script to know if its compatible with VEP Multi Port encoding at all. Try asking AG support.

You might want to have them look at the section on this thread about midifx handling. I suspect AG has their own way of processing ports which may not be compatible with vsl multiport template, but could be adapted

Update: I have since purchased AG. Unfortunately I do not think it will be possible to use it together with the VSL multi-port macro workaround. In order for AG to cooperate with the multi-port macro it will need its generated scripts to recognize CC99 messages and handle them appropriately. The author of AG says he is working on his own multi-port solution so I do not think he will ever make AG compatible with VSL's multi-port macro.

Edited by Dewdman42

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...