Theremin Sounds

• 1 month later...

Hi Ski,

Yes, it's obvious you are in your element and it makes the learning experience a breeze for a newbie to keyboard playing like myself. Much of it is way over my head but I'm sure after many many views the penny will drop. Love the sound of the Kontact software and the tecnique of splitting the score part "brilliant". I have SL MkII, M-Audio key station 61es and a Yamaha digital piano p-85 and the chapter on Midi Interfaces has opened my eyes to the possibilities. For now though I'm re watching CC Chapters.

The Theremin sounds you've supplied here should integrate with the learning in your movie when I figure out where to start.

Cheers! Dave.

hehe 8)

It represents Golden Geometry and Harmonic Structure. (Luthier history).

The quality of the avatar is poor but I'll get it right eventually.

Your movie has really got me inspired here. Woke up a couple of hours ago with all sorts of ideas,

just got to figure out how to go about setting up the project now.

There's not enough hours in the day to learn all this new OS X Logic world.

Here's a taste of the mechanism I do understand. Be good to create a soundtrack!

Cheers! Dave.

• 4 weeks later...

Couldn't resist, made one of my own! I was kind of going for the sound of that theremin in the video and I've added my version to Franckten's modified ski song file. (This may end up like one of those stories that get passed around a circle.) :)

This one's another ES2 variation. I started with ski's "ES2 theremin 2" and ended up with a tone somewhat closer to Franckten's ES1 preset.

Control vibrato speed with the Modwheel from almost zero to full on and volume with the Pitch wheel.

theremin basix 3.zip

you have no idea how much I use this sound. I also sounds neat playing it lower than a theremin would play; really great for melodies. here's another track I used it on. I layered it with some choir vocals at 1:30 and it made the whole thing sound really warped (in a way that I find appealing):

I also used the Pink Floyd "ping" patch that Higgs F. Boson posted in this thread.

http://www.logicprohelp.com/viewtopic.php?t=66088

you guys are such an incredible resource; I have learned so much from LPH and am really glad that I stumbled across it. thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

By complete fluke, while I was over at macProVideo yesterday, I discovered that ski has greatly expanded his original theremin set to a couple of dozen presets..... so if anyone here hasn't recently DL'd the song file at the top of this thread I'd advise you to grab it again since it's been greatly expanded!

Great stuff ski!

• 3 months later...
I am new to synthesis and wondered if there is a way of controlling the rate of LFO1 during performance in the two ES2 patches?

Yes. Set up a modulation routing with Lfo1rate as the Target and your controller (for example ModWhl for modulation wheel) as the source.

If you don't want to use one of the standard controllers the modulation router offers as a choice, you can set the source to Ctrl A:

1807475737_Picture10.png.2885a8484924d44aa947380529283cf4.png

Then at the bottom left of the ES2, click MIDI, set Ctrl A to "- learn -" and move your controller's knob/fader:

1140685934_Picture9.png.73d9320686658fc81d8884006dcea362.png

• 1 year later...
These sound great but I'm still struggling to move them from Logic Pro 9.0 to mainstage 2.

There should be no moving required: MainStage 2 and Logic Pro 9 both have access to the same plug-in settings. You can check for the presence of the setting under your home folder/Library/Application Support/Logic/Plug-In Settings/ Both Logic and MS should see the settings saved there.

• 2 years later...

@ camillo, yep, indeed! I expanded the collection to 25 theremin patches :mrgreen:

Hello,

I´m a bit late to the party (5 years or so), but I just discovered this thread while looking for theremin sounds. I have downloaded the original file in the top of this thread, but I can´t find the set of 25 (or so) sounds, also suggested by camillo jr. When I open the Logic 8 project, I can only see the 3 original sounds that ski referenced early on (to be fair, that´s all I need - I´m just curious :D ).

Great stuff, by the way.

Andreas

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...