Emulating an Eventide H3000 with Logic X Stock Plugs?

Well, there's little that holds you back. You can stack up effects in Logic in series and/or in parallel pretty much to your liking. However, if you aren't familiar with the H3000's architecture there's not much point in trying to emulate it since you don't know what you're actually looking/listening for. But then, you're free to not lock into that groove.

Any tips? Any patches? I have little idea what the H3000 actually does, besides make stuff sound cool. 8-)

Ensemble---->Delay--->Reverb--->Pitch Shifter---> I'm shooting in the dark here :mrgreen:

Could you be more specific in terms of sonic qualities?

:idea: Attaching a sound sample of what you’re looking for could be a good idea…

Edited by Atlas007

I'm not sure how to illustrate what I'm looking for other than to say "can I avoid paying $200 whatever dollars to buy the H3000 plugin?

I like the doublers/slappy/eccho stuff for vocals and the harmonizer type stuff for synths and guitars. I've always liked the Ozzy vocal harmonizer type sound, but I've never received positive proof of what gear Ozzy actually uses, only speculations.

I was buying the subscription bundle five years ago and I was relying on a few of Eventide's presets, but I'll be damned if I can remember the names of any of them. :(

I'm not sure how to illustrate what I'm looking for other than to say "can I avoid paying $200 whatever dollars to buy the H3000 plugin?

I like the doublers/slappy/eccho stuff for vocals and the harmonizer type stuff for synths and guitars. I've always liked the Ozzy vocal harmonizer type sound, but I've never received positive proof of what gear Ozzy actually uses, only speculations.

I was buying the subscription bundle five years ago and I was relying on a few of Eventide's presets, but I'll be damned if I can remember the names of any of them. :(

So, you are looking for Ozzy's voice type of effect?

I'd venture that is achieved by doubling, hard panning and slightly delaying from one another, each side with proper EQing to emphasis a certain range of desired harmonics.

That is somehow like creating a Unison fx (chorus) on a voice signal.

Of course adding a little echo and reverb is most likely part of that jumble as well.

• Like 1

So, you are looking for Ozzy's voice type of effect?

I'd venture that is achieved by doubling, hard panning and slightly delaying from one another, each side with proper EQing to emphasis a certain range of desired harmonics.

That is somehow like creating a Unison fx (chorus) on a voice signal.

Of course adding a little echo and reverb is most likely part of that jumble as well.

...and when you say "doubling" you mean recording two separate performances right? ....and not just copying and pasting the same track twice right?

'Doubling' as in 'creating a copy of the signal, delaying it by a slight amount (10-20ms), and irregularly modulating the delay time slightly which results in a copy with the slight pitch deviations very reminiscent of the sound of actual double tracking.'

All of this in realtime with, say, the Modulation Delay plugin.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
On 11/16/2021 at 6:04 AM, fuzzfilth said:

'Doubling' as in 'creating a copy of the signal, delaying it by a slight amount (10-20ms), and irregularly modulating the delay time slightly which results in a copy with the slight pitch deviations very reminiscent of the sound of actual double tracking.'

All of this in realtime with, say, the Modulation Delay plugin.

Basically, drag the audio file in the Arrange window to a parallel audio track while holding down the Alt key, so it copies, rather than just moving. If you do this until you have three tracks, you can pitch one up by maybe 3 Cents and another down by the same amount. Then pan one left a bit, the other right a bit, and leave the one with no pitch shift in the middle. 

If you then want to fatten it up using a small amount of modulation, and short delay times, that should get you most of the way there.

• Like 1