The Customising Logic Pro X GUI Colours Thread

beej

Is there a way to change arrange/drummer panel/pianoroll/few panes in the midi editor?

I want to make a theme and it just looks clumsy when those remain the same color.

Can you take screenshot ? Im not sure I get what panes you are referring to.

716790138_ScreenShot2018-03-14at19_31_59.thumb.png.75ae77797d318b45398a793574d198da.png

Hi Folks,

Just wanted to let you know that the LPX Colorizer update is out!

In the v 1.3 you have access to the logic's color palette editor. And can now modify hue ,saturation and brightness of colors.

So if you find the default colors to be too vibrant, here is the solution for you.

IN the attachment I have created black and grey regions.

best,

1600728660_ScreenShot2018-03-23at12_40_04AM.thumb.jpg.7851b01e699eaecf04cc053d1605c1a6.jpg

• 1 month later...
On the topic of modifying the MAResourcesMapping.plist file - does this file influence the transparency/opacity of regions in the Tracks (Arrange) window? Having a user-defined level of transparency is a feature that has been requested from Apple for quite some time, it makes it much easier to see how transients align with the grid. Currently the only way to do this is to mute the track, only then does the region gain transparency and the ability to see the grid behind the region.

• 4 weeks later...
On the topic of modifying the MAResourcesMapping.plist file - does this file influence the transparency/opacity of regions in the Tracks (Arrange) window? Having a user-defined level of transparency is a feature that has been requested from Apple for quite some time, it makes it much easier to see how transients align with the grid. Currently the only way to do this is to mute the track, only then does the region gain transparency and the ability to see the grid behind the region.

Wherever you see a RGBA (Red Green Blue Alpha) entry, it means you can change the opacity, you want to change the last value "Alpha" ranging from 0-100, 100 being fully opaque.

In LPXColorizer you can quickly change the opacity of any color from the opacity slider of the color palette:

1323574664_ScreenShot2018-06-10at2_29_09PM.jpg.486400ac876390e82f3d1f3409e66bfd.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

In LPX 10.4 you can adjust the background within Preferences, choose Display... and hit the Tracks-button (strangely enough). There you'll find different options for the background and gridlines.

You can also change the arrange background color in the plist at entry: AssetSets => Colors => Arrange => Background.

There are different themes available; for instance at:

https://logicxinterfaces.wordpress.com

https://colorizer.creationauts.com/index.php?sid=ddfc804f6f1e02b3042b896396284f0a (You need LPX Colorizer for this one.)

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/apple-logic-pro/857146-custom-logic-x-guis-thread.html (A forum where a lot of models do meet and exchange their results.)

Hope this helps.

I tried different options to mod that background in the plist... with no result. You can only get (50?) shades of grey. If you define a color, some backgrounds will turn into that color... except the Arrange background. Sorry about that.

On the other hand, I guess that FCPX also has a blackish background. Or am I mistaking?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Customizing the mixer channel strip background color and some of the buttons is not possible anymore in Logic 10.4.5!!!

I have looked up in the binary files, and it shows they are drawing these buttons programatically, while the resources files are still there as images. I do believe this is a temporary thing, but I would like to give my feedback to them through my Apple Developer account and ask that they make these elements editable again.

If you think alike, please sign this petition I just set up, I will forward it to them, so I don't sound just whimsical when we get in touch:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1099fm5B87dLIQO1hgRXe3yocbM6pKNKEwS-wdTq-_-U/edit#gid=0

and please share wherever you see Logic users! Thank you all

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hey Guys,

Just a quick notice to let you know that LPXColorizer now supports Logic Pro X up to 10.4.8 included.

In the brand new Logic 10.5, the mixer window (yes same old!) is not supported at this time, and I do not know when it will yet.

Apple comes up with new creative ways to draw is interface lately, and it takes time to pick up the pace.

Anyhow, I hope that most of you don't have to update to 10.5 yet and will profit from this new update.

On top of the full mixer window support, we added a handy theme preview from the theme selector drop-down menu.

Steps to update LPXColorizer:

-Open the LPXColorizer app

-Go to the top bar Menu LPXColorizer > Check for update

-Update to 1.5.1

Enjoy & stay tuned.

• 2 months later...