Navigating with a Scroll-wheel mouse, Surfing without!

David Nahmani

Woah...first of all, let me say this fixes one of my primary gripes about Logic :).

Second...and this seems to be Mac-dependent 'cause it works in Firefox as well...Ctrl+scroll is amazing!!! Never thought to even try it until now...ha!

• 10 months later...

Hello all!

i couldnt properly figure out, if that question was in some way answered already. so, i am sorry for possible repetition :) it´s just really important for me. .

i am using the mighty mouse and scrolling up and down, left and right in the arrangement window is essential for me. especially the zooming key command "alt + scrolling vertically and horizontally".

the directions of that have changed opposite from logic 7 as u guys probably know.

is there any way i can change/choose the direction of that zoom back to how it was in 7??

i tried to look for an answer so hard. everywhere. dont know what to do.

Can any one help me please??

Thanks a lot in advance!

• 11 months later...
  • 1 year later...

A little seems to have changed in Logic and Mavericks...

The shortcuts are a little different (you have to hit Shift instead of Command now to scroll horizontally), but I'm having another problem.

When I use my middle mouse button in Mavericks the 'pan' thing comes on and I can scroll at a decent speed. However in Logic X, scrolling horizontally with the same method 1) doesn't display that pan icon and 2) it's WAY too fast and sensitive. Like, blistering fast. It doesn't do that in anything else, just Logic.

The control + shift shortcut is GREAT, but the way it works for me is that when I hit control + shift, I have to click with my left mouse button and drag/pan anywhere I want. No problem there, but what bothers me is that it has to be on an empty area (not on a region).

Cubase has it set up so that when middle-clicking, it functions similar to the control + shift shortcut except it's just a single middle mouse click and you can also even start scrolling by middle clicking on a region, so no worrying about it being an empty area.

I'd like it set up like that.

• 8 months later...
A little seems to have changed in Logic and Mavericks...

When I use my middle mouse button in Mavericks the 'pan' thing comes on and I can scroll at a decent speed. However in Logic X, scrolling horizontally with the same method 1) doesn't display that pan icon and 2) it's WAY too fast and sensitive. Like, blistering fast. It doesn't do that in anything else, just Logic.

I'm having exactly the same issue using Logic Pro X and Mavericks. The middle mouse button is unusable because its tooooo fast to keep any control.

There's any workaround for it? Maybe a new shortcut? :?

• 3 years later...

This is interesting topic.

Back to the problem, after many years :).

I've been using Cubase for past couple of years and now I want to go back to Logic and as I can see, seems like there is still no workaround for middle click in order to scroll through arrangement.

Control+Shift+drag is fine, but the problem is that it has to be clicked on empty space.