7 ways to change the pitch of Audio Regions

volovicg

7 Ways to change the pitch of Audio Regions ( I can think of and all built into Logic )

Click on the region to select it.

make sure Follow tempo & Pitch is checked in the region inspector

Set the transpose parameter to +2 in the region inspector.

See below...

file.php?id=30938

Another way add the pitch shifter to channel strip. Change semitones to 2, Mix to 100% and 200 cents ( +2 semitones).

file.php?id=30939

Another way is to add the AUPITCH Plugin -

file.php?id=30940

Another way is to use flex pitch....

Turn it on, highlight all... Drag up two semitones....

file.php?id=30941

Yet another way is to use Time & Pitch Machine.

file.php?id=30942

Did I miss any? - Oh yea! - forgot about the transpose track.

file.php?id=30950

and remembered another - you can change the key signature for loop and bounce them out to new keys

file.php?id=30951

If you have polyphonic material or want large transposition swings my favorite is still Melodyne.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...

The only one of these 7 methods that I could get to work is the destructive edit of Audio File using Functions --> Tempo and Pitch operations.

When I try to use the Pitch Shift plug-in, no matter what I do, the processed audio sounds glitchy.

When I try to use the Follow Tempo and Transpose region operations, absolutely nothing happens. In fact, I couldn't get both of those controls to appear simultaneously.

In the end, I was able to achieve my goal via destructive audio file edit (a copy of my original, so I didn't actually destroy anything), but for me it's 1 way, not 7.

• 5 months later...
The Transpose Track is among the Global Tracks on top in the tracks view, it might be necessary to control-click one of the global tracks and select "Show Transposition".

Thanks I will look that up. Can I ask... if I chose to change my song from 75bpm to 76bpm what is best option for that for audio?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Is there a way to use Flex Pitch to pitch slide a clip?

i'm working on a glitchy industrial experiment and i have a stretched snare i want to slide upward in pitch as it progresses. Flex Pitch doesn't even show me any useful info, probably because it's not naturally pitched like Logic's developers had in mind. The only thing i can think to do is insert a Pitch Shift plugin and automate the fine pitch control.

EDIT: While that technically works, it's too fine a change for what i want. Any other ideas?

• 1 year later...
The Transpose Track is among the Global Tracks on top in the tracks view, it might be necessary to control-click one of the global tracks and select "Show Transposition".

Thanks I will look that up. Can I ask... if I chose to change my song from 75bpm to 76bpm what is best option for that for audio?

Easiest way I know is the following:

1.Double click the audio region>Click file>Functions>Time&Pitch Machine

2. Enter 75 where it says "tempo" under "original" and enter 76 under "Destination"

3. Click Process and Paste

Hope this helps

• 1 year later...