A technical support community for Apple Logic Pro users.

AlexBerty
Topic Author

Simple Script needed in order to create additional PolyPressure midi events

Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:12 am

Can you experts please help me to create a midi engine with Scripter?:

I need additional PolyPressure (Polyphonic Aftertouch) events when one of these midi note numbers (sent on midi channel 12) come in: 36, 38, 40 and 42 (the PolyPressure events shall be created only on NoteON events). The mentioned notes shall also pass through.

The additionally created PolyPressure events shall feature the current note number (and shall share the same midi channel) and the value shall always be fixed to 127.
(UPDATE: the note number of the PolyPressure can also be fixed (one note number ONLY) and the value doesn't matter! Only the midi channel (12) has to be the same).

All other midi events shall pass through (which will be noteON + noteOFF, CC, PolyPressure (all these events are on different midi channels)).

So propably scripting this is easy for you but I cannot bring this to work. Please help. Thanks soooo much in advance! :D Alex.
Last edited by AlexBerty on Sat May 01, 2021 3:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Atlas007

Re: Simple Script needed in order to create additional PolyPressure midi events

Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:06 pm

Have you considered the Transformer approach?
LogicPro 10.7.1, MainStage 3.5.4
MBPro 17", Core2Duo, 8G, OSX 10.12.6
MacPro, Xeon 6Cores, 64GB, OSX 10.15.7
ULN8, MOTU MIDI TP-AV, C4, MCU Pro, KorgNano, Novation SLMkII
AAS, NI, Celemony, Spectrasonics, Korg, Arturia, etc...
PC, iPadPro 5th gen 12.9”(Duet D., V-Control & LogicRemote), AtariST(Notator SL), Several vintage gear

AlexBerty
Topic Author

Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:19 pm

Atlas007 wrote:

Yes, this would work if I could have a choice of a dedicated midi device (or several dedicated midi devices) feeding the input of an instrument track. But I can't find this: always all listed midi devices feed the input of an instrument track. Do you know how to set this up?

AlexBerty
Topic Author

Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:55 am

Still need the script (as the Transformer thing and assigning midi channels instead of input devices https://www.logicprohelp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=157237&p=824408#p824408 doesn't work for me because of use of virtual devices (IAC driver)). I will donate for it.

Atlas007

Sat May 01, 2021 5:28 am

AlexBerty wrote:
Atlas007 wrote:

Yes, this would work if I could have a choice of a dedicated midi device (or several dedicated midi devices) feeding the input of an instrument track. But I can't find this: always all listed midi devices feed the input of an instrument track. Do you know how to set this up?

Not sure to understand...
If you wish to record on different tracks, you could also try using the Demix by channel approach...
That approach should work with IAC or actual MIDI gear.
Perhaps elaborating further on your issue could help clarify...
LogicPro 10.7.1, MainStage 3.5.4
MBPro 17", Core2Duo, 8G, OSX 10.12.6
MacPro, Xeon 6Cores, 64GB, OSX 10.15.7
ULN8, MOTU MIDI TP-AV, C4, MCU Pro, KorgNano, Novation SLMkII
AAS, NI, Celemony, Spectrasonics, Korg, Arturia, etc...
PC, iPadPro 5th gen 12.9”(Duet D., V-Control & LogicRemote), AtariST(Notator SL), Several vintage gear

AlexBerty
Topic Author

Sat May 01, 2021 2:44 pm

Thanks, but I've checked this approach. Does not work for me: getting super annoying midi feedbacks and crashes... I'm sure: I just need the script.

AlexBerty
Topic Author

Sat May 01, 2021 2:59 pm

AlexBerty wrote:
The additionally created PolyPressure events shall feature the current note number (and shall share the same midi channel) and the value shall always be fixed to 127.

UPDATE (which will propably make things simpler): the note number of the PolyPressure can also be fixed (one note number ONLY) and the value doesn't matter! Only the midi channel (12) has to be the same.