MIDI FX redirect plug-in

ValliSoftware

I'm testing this out but I don't know why I never thought of doing this before.

I created a MIDI FX plug-in that creates a virtual port when I can send to the virtual port to redirect to another track.

What's cool about this is, the flow for the MIDI FX goes down the chain to a AU Instrument, not an External Instrument using IAC.

I can redirect anywhere in the MIDI FX chain as well, it doesn't have to be the last MIDI FX in the chain.

Wow, that's a really cool solution, thank for showing it to us, will you be sharing the MIDI Out plug-in with us?

I will but I'm finishing up on another design of this.

In theory this second design should work as well, but this second design does the same thing as this first design but doesn't use IAC or a looped back MIDI device. :mrgreen:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

So far the new MidxFx plug-in I have is testing out.

This now a Audio Unit Extension (AUv3) but only for Apple Silicon, no Intel version. I don't have an Intel Mac that supports Big Sur.

There's still an issue that I have a support ticket with Apple that I'm waiting to hear from them on that. I point out the issue in this video.

As with any thing computers, there's more that one way to use this MidiFx plug-in, I show the first and easy way.

Notice that the ending instrument is Alchemy, not an External Instrument.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Looking forward to its release!

I'm having a strange error with the Capture MIDI part.

The Route Out works great.

I might just hide the Capture MIDI and release the Route Out part and then release it again once I finally figure out thie Capture MIDI issue I'm having.

In the meantime check out "in use" with SugerBytes Consequence.

Here's the cool thing about this Logic Project, changing the scale script I have to another scale/key will make it sound different.

Changing not only the instruments but the presets in the existing instruments will make it sound different all the while it's still using the same Consequence preset. :mrgreen:

I'm having a strange error with the Capture MIDI part.

The Route Out works great.

I might just hide the Capture MIDI and release the Route Out part and then release it again once I finally figure out thie Capture MIDI issue I'm having.

In the meantime check out "in use" with SugerBytes Consequence.

That looks VERY cool Vallis!

This looks amazing! When do we get to play with VSMidiRoute? :mrgreen:

I'm working on the option that I call AudioUnit Type. If that works how I want it to work, that's going to be a cool option.

I really want to get Capture MIDI solved, but I think I'll release it before that. You'll still be able to MIDI record within Logic.

The Capture MIDI support is for those with MPE devices, to be able to MIDI record several MPE devices connected into Logic.

I'll keep posting where I'm at on this thread.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...