Split simultaniously played midi notes into individual tracks with only 1 note being played on each instrument track

Rambird

Im here to call on the LPX army once again for this very specific "issue". Basically what I want to do is create a harmonizer with multiple Autotune instances, each of them being controlled by midi. But since one instance doesn't work polyphonically, I had the though if it was possible to split each note played into a different instrument. This way you could play chords with it. Does anybody understand what im getting at?

If im in the wrong thread sorry but I really didn't know where to take this. If anyone has any thoughts on this I would very much appreciate it! :)

So I assume you mean you want to use midi to control how multiple instances of auto tune will harmonize each note of the chord, yea?

One problem is that scripter runs on instrument tracks not audio tracks.

Midi controlled effects such as stutter edit use side chaining for believe in order to get audio into the instrument plugin which can respond to midi.

Well anyway need more info from you, I’m not saying it’s not possible yet but we need more information. Just remember that scripter itself only runs on instrument channels and auto tune is not an instrument, it’s an Audio effect designed for audio channels.

So for starters you may have to use a third party plugin such as bluecataudio patchworks in order to get audio from an audio channel into the side chain of an instrument channel where you could theoretically host both scripter as well as auto tune inside patchworks, or something like that.

Then yes scripter could be used to respond to midi and automate as many instances of auto tune that you want to use.

Need to hear more specifics

So I assume you mean you want to use midi to control how multiple instances of auto tune will harmonize each note of the chord, yea?

One problem is that scripter runs on instrument tracks not audio tracks.

Midi controlled effects such as stutter edit use side chaining for believe in order to get audio into the instrument plugin which can respond to midi.

Well anyway need more info from you, I’m not saying it’s not possible yet but we need more information. Just remember that scripter itself only runs on instrument channels and auto tune is not an instrument, it’s an Audio effect designed for audio channels.

So for starters you may have to use a third party plugin such as bluecataudio patchworks in order to get audio from an audio channel into the side chain of an instrument channel where you could theoretically host both scripter as well as auto tune inside patchworks, or something like that.

Then yes scripter could be used to respond to midi and automate as many instances of auto tune that you want to use.

Need to hear more specifics

You need more information and you will get it! Thanks for the Interest. Actually autotune does work as an Instrument, (im talking about Antares Autotune Realtime, but other versions do as well, not all of them i guess), and the audio comes in through the sidechain. But the one problem with this is, that if you play a chord, it just randomly triggers because it triggers on the last note played. My intent is to split the incoming midi notes basically "dynamically" in the order they are played to difference "voice" (which are actually the instrument tracks with autotune inserted an instrument.

it doesnt work in realtime

Which you didn't specify as a requirement. And, speaking of which, neither does Autotune, as its latency is quite high.

Conceptually, you can create a polyphony counter in the Environment, which then branches out monophonic lines to a bunch of Virtual Instruments and control the tuning of Autotune plugins there, all fed through their sidechains with the same source audio track. It will be a bitch to set up, and the biggest problem will be very audible blips and jumps when you drop or add notes and with it polyphony count and thus the lines' destination as to which controls what.

Edited by fuzzfilth

it doesnt work in realtime

Which you didn't specify as a requirement. And, speaking of which, neither does Autotune, as its latency is quite high.

Yes you are right I should have specified that it's important to be working in realtime. I personally don't think the latency is an issue because you can still hear your normal voice monitored as loud as you want compared to the other voices

Mono2Poly drops some stuff, yes. Here's what I came up with, true to my mantra, in the Environment:

harm.thumb.gif.b526b49f48745d891c8d278f54150842.gif

On the left side, we convert Notes to CC's, as Logic prevents Notes from having their Note Offs separated, which is what we need to bump the polyphony counter up and down in the center section. Half right we see the Note On's properly sorted which then set filters which make sure only the proper Note Offs follow their Note Ons.

It can be made significantly more compact by throwing out all these Monitors later, but then I wouldn't have a clue what's going on.

Edited by fuzzfilth

Mono2Poly drops some stuff, yes. Here's what I came up with, true to my mantra, in the Environment:

harm.gif

On the left side, we convert Notes to CC's, as Logic prevents Notes from having their Note Offs separated, which is what we need to bump the polyphony counter up and down in the center section. Half right we see the Note On's properly sorted which then set filters which make sure only the proper Note Offs follow their Note Ons.

It can be made significantly more compact by throwing out all these Monitors later, but then I wouldn't have a clue what's going on.

Guys I can't believe your engagement in this thank you so much. Would you be willing to share the session you created? I also have wavestune would really like to try that as well ;)

Perhaps Mono2Poly could be your ticket...

Ok you are a genius. It actually works, BUT (kind of a but, it still works though) it doesn't seem to be very responsive and I feel like it doesn't pick up everything I do. Are there any issues with it that you are aware of?

Could you be more explicit regarding not being very responsive?

If by that you mean that some notes are sometimes skipped, one has to be very cautious with the fact that playing a note when (only) one of the tracks is selected, that will de-synchronize the (Mono2Poly scripter's) counter of that track from the other tracks (Mono2Poly scripter's) counters. The way the scripter works is rather crude. It only counts the incoming NoteOn events (not even the NoteOff) and will let playback the note that correspond to the set rank. The polyphony being the round robin factor.

In the video I show three cases, the third being 1 on, then 2 on, then 3 on, then 3 off, 2 off, 1 off.

Each Note On that passes through one branch sets a filter which then only lets through the matching Note Off of all that will be thrown at it. It's a bit of a brute force approach, but quick to set up and easy to grasp conceptually.