Music Scales in Scripter not Transposer

I decided to write some music scales in Scripter objects instead of Transposer.

I'm able to allow 5 types of a scale as well as switching the key of the scale.

• Strict - If a note is in the scale you loaded, it gets played. If you specify a key, the note will get adjusted to that key.

• Up - If a note isn't in a scale, the last known note going up will get played. Ex. If C and D are in the scale, then C# will default to C. The key will be applied after a note has been specified.

• Down - If a note isn't in a scale, the last known note going down will get played. Ex. If C and D are in the scale, then C# will default to D. The key will be applied after a note has been specified.

• Random - If a note isn't in a scale, a random note within the octave range will be selected. Ex. If C, D and E are in the scale, C# can default to either C, D or E.

• Filter - The incoming note is checked to see if it is in the scale/key, if so it gets played. The incoming note doesn't get altered, it just gets played.

ScaleType.png.164309cd1808cab7d9c1cb9ab9827b3b.png

ScaleType.png.164309cd1808cab7d9c1cb9ab9827b3b.png

The attached scales.zip file has 1,658 scales to choose from.

Plus if you take a look at the script, you can change to any scale you want as well.

Here's a simple use of the scales. Notice that I use it on an External Instrument, that's so I can MIDI Record the changed notes.

UPDATED:20190316 Replaced the scales.zip with an update.

ScaleKey.png.89548713c86a9cc7858b7cc2f1c51deb.png

Scales.zip

• 8 months later...
See the attached zip file above. He did it as a big folder hierarchy full of scripts, each one hard coded for a particular scale. Do you select the scale you want by choosing the script matching that scale.

Ho! Ok! I thought after checking the zip content that all there was in there were scale files not the scripter presets...

I'll have a look thanx a lot!

If all those scales are a little overwhelming, just grab the ones you want and that way the list is customize for you. :mrgreen:

If you have a custom scale, the first line in each script defines the notes in the scale in the Key of C. Just define the notes with a '1' and if the note isn't in your custom scale, mark it as a '0'. Yes, there's 12 digits for 12 notes.

Then just rename the script to your custom scale name.

ScaleScript.thumb.png.942b963f10b39f1d8cbb4830a868c1f6.png

• 2 years later...
Hey, i need help walking through the setup. I'm using Logic 10.6 and i've put the Scales folder in the plug in settings but it's not showing up in the drop down menu on the channel strip. I need some guidance. really would like to use it. thanks.

Use the Logic Pro Scripter MIDI plug-in

https://support.apple.com/guide/logicpro/use-the-scripter-midi-plug-in-lgce728c68f6/mac

Use the Logic Pro Scripter MIDI plug-in Script Editor

https://support.apple.com/guide/logicpro/use-the-script-editor-lgcecc16550d/10.6/mac/10.15

Logic Pro Scripter MIDI plug-in API overview

https://support.apple.com/guide/logicpro/scripter-api-overview-lgce3905a48c/10.6/mac/10.15

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...