TIP: Scripter Keyswitches

Go to solution Solved by Dewdman42,

Just a note for anyone following in our footsteps here:

The keyswitches that Terminal will output when you feed it the .plist will be bracketed by these { }

If you paste that directly into the Scripter script, it won't work. So first I pasted into TextEdit (any word processor will do obviously) and did a find/replace to change all of the { } to [ ]

Then it worked perfectly.

• 3 months later...

Hi, i am using the automation points (in the lane) via scripter to switch articulations, not using articulation sets at all.

How can i change the script to receive midi in order to trigger the articulations via a midi controller?

What i'd like is a way to write the automation points in the automation lane using a midi controller instead of selecting them with the mouse. Is it possible? thanks

I'm not 100% sure. I am mostly not using LogicPro anymore either...so limited time available to pursue this.

You have a generic question to ask which is how to program automation lane curves using a midi controller. You should ask that question on the main LogicPro forum...Its probably something related to Control Surface capabilities of LogicPro, but I'm not entirely sure.

Scripter is able to READ the current automation lane value, and do something with it. its also able to change the CURRENT value of that automation lane...but I do not think scripter can be used to actually SET points in the automation lane.

And I am pretty sure that in order to do that with a midi controller you will need to setup a Control Surface integration for that...but ask on the other LogicPro main sub forum about that.

here's an updated version of the art2script bash script that will generate the COMPLETE working Scripter script, including the KS array of keyswitches, along with the working script. If I get time I will update it to be able to optionally generate the automation lane script with a command line argument. Hope some find it useful.

I have also moved these scripts to the following location on gitlab:

https://gitlab.com/dewdman42/art2script

Edited by Dewdman42

here's an updated version of the art2script bash script that will generate the COMPLETE working Scripter script, including the KS array of keyswitches, along with the working script. If I get time I will update it to be able to optionally generate the automation lane script with a command line argument. Hope some find it useful.

I have also moved these scripts to the following location on gitlab:

https://gitlab.com/dewdman42/dawtools/-/tree/master/LogicPro/Scripter/Art2Script

The link yields a 404...

• Solution

I updated the scripts a bit today, now the bash script can be used to generate either type of script.....

1. based on articulationID to send keyswitches or cc switches
  2. based on an automation lane to send keyswitches or cc switches
  3. or optionally just output the ART array and use whatever script you want

In the case of articulationID, after you generate the script, make sure to clear the OUTPUT section of the articulation set you used to generate it. The articulation set is still useful in order to see articulation names in the LogicPro GUI, but not essential. ArticulationID's stored in midi events will trigger the keyswitches as configured.

When using the automation lane script, you can get rid of the articulation set entirely from your project track once you have generated the automation lane script.

Usage

art2script.sh [options] <artset.plist>

Options: 
 --id    (default)   produces articulationID based script
 --lane              produces automation lane script
 --array             produces only the ART array

Note with this, it is also possible to have multiple articulation sets in parallel!!! This is kind of like Cubase Groups feature.

Basically you can have only one actual articulation set active on a track at once in LogicPro. So articulationID in midi events will trigger from that articulationset....regardless of whether you are using the output section of the artset, or using this Scripter script instead.

However...

You can have at the same time also a completely seperate and independent set of keyswitches managed by an automation lane, at the same time that that the articulationID is being handled...in parallel. For example, you could use articulationID to specify the basic articulations and an automation lane to specify mute on or off. Just one example.

You can also have more than one automation lane script active in one track at a time.

• 1 year later...

Hello !. I work mainly in Dorico but now I need Logic for some projects. I made both Lane and normal keyswitch scripts  with great result. What I now need is to add coloring for keyswitch groups. For exemple suistain(long) group is red.. Are the a seperat script for this or should I include to my current scripts ?

Thanks everybody for helping me with this !!! After making expression maps for Dorico for a long time this is so differnt (but fun).

I mean "normal keyswitching"

I use Keyswitcher   J.S Keyswitcher 1.2 script. ( I still working on the script, thers is 70 keyswitches....and 5 channels for strings....) I like to group for exemple Long articulations to color blue and short articulations to red....

1786718262_Skarmavbild2023-02-02kl_08_04_49.thumb.png.66a3fe7700b8392a058f935d33c75ec2.png

After the reply I alse intressted in Lane mark coloring. Please show me how to do that in the script.932309718_Skarmavbild2023-02-02kl_08_05_22.thumb.png.9b6af48fb12c51906607f5e666e01cfa.png

21 hours ago, Dewdman42 said:

It’s been a while since I made that script so I have to review it later to be sure but just add the emoji’s that have been mentioned where you want them inside the name or word strings.  I am running out the door now but I’ll look at that tonight 

Thank you !

looking forward to se if it is possible.

On 2/2/2023 at 12:16 AM, ravez said:

I thought he meant having a way to see the articulation groups using color in the lanes or articulation id names? 

like this

sorry if i misunderstood though

syn.thumb.jpg.86ffd33ed88caaea8ba2b93f350bacb4.jpg

Hello again !

Can you Please show me the script for lane coloring ?

I’m still working on my scripts for Vsl. It is a lot of articulations, strings are 71 ….but it works !

A big applause to Dewdmand42 who made this possible with the scripts ge made.