10.7.2 Monterey Selected Tracks Won't React To Adjustments?

thomasflight

During playback (and sometimes even when playback is paused), I randomly cannot adjust volume, cannot mute OR solo, OR even select/move regions unless I randomly click all over the screen. Dragging other regions (that I don't want to drag) around rapidly will also fix it temporarily.

Some projects won't have this problem ever, but mostly new projects do. Any tips or directions at all? I'm literally like 3 more instances of this away from buying Ableton Live and bouncing all my projects there. Please help

sidenote, I do not have any automation or freeze enabled on these tracks it just happens randomly and won't stop unless I adjust the volume/region of other tracks...

Logic: 10.7.2

OS Monterey 12.1

iMac / 2019 / 3 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i5

I'll also just add a super mild me-too on this. I'm on a Mac Mini / Big Sur, latest LPX, running Rosetta.

It is rare, but it happens every now and then, maybe once a workday of 8 hours? Enough that I recognize it when saw your post. Suddenly the region/automation/fader/whater I try to do in arrange is unresponsive, I have to click and do something ELSE in the GUI, undo that, then I can do it.

I'm using BetterTouchTool to assist me in mousing. That has sometimes created problems with other apps so noting it here in case it's something we have common.

I don't think I would be able to make a video of this, because the video would just show the mouse gliding or hovering over something, while I'm clicking in reality. Its like the mouse click does not register, it does not select/grab/focus on the thing I click on. But clicking and operating something ELSE wakes up the thing that didn't respond.

(The problem is so microscopic for me i haven't bothered report it, feels like i have too little to go on)