Automation not always updating the plugin parameter value?

karlingen

Sometimes, some plugin parameters get stuck at an old automation value even though the Playhead is at a point where the automation value should be entirely different.

Here's an example:

1. I add a gain plugin to a track.

2. Add automation points so that the gain goes from 0.0 dB to -96.0 dB at a specific part of a region.

3. Play the track and Pause when the playback is in between the two automation points so that the Gain plugin is now showing -96.0dB.

4. Move the Playhead to another part of the region where it is supposed to play at 0.0dB.

The gain plugin will be stuck at -96.0dB until it reaches an automation point that sets the value back to 0.0dB.

As shown in this image, if I would hit Play here, the gain is still at its old value (-96.0) until it reaches the 0.0 dB automation point.

eagxoqvk0pg71.png.61cba0933d84b4a6d883786e217ad2c1.png

This happens to me a lot of times, but not always. Shouldn't the plugin parameters values follow the automation lines at all times, or do I have to add multiple automation points to an automation line even though the value hasn't changed?

Logic Pro 10.6.3

macOS Big Sur 11.5.1

Macbook 2020 M1

I wonder if it could have to do with the Chase features (audio or MIDI)?

Strange, I'm not seeing Chase Audio under the Audio tab (I'm on 10.6.3 and have advanced tools enabled). It's there for MIDI though.

Screenshot 2021-08-13 at 07.00.55.png

That's strange, neither do I! :shock:

It's probably a feature that will appear in the next version.

Hopefully it will solve those kind of issues.

I am posting here the screen capture of their Audio Chase settings online help, in case Apple decided to withdraw it...

406802033_Screenshot2021-08-13at03-21-46ChaseAudioSettingsinLogicPro.thumb.png.1e6352e15dcdd71149bb41f946d93cc9.png

Strange, I'm not seeing Chase Audio under the Audio tab (I'm on 10.6.3 and have advanced tools enabled). It's there for MIDI though.

Screenshot 2021-08-13 at 07.00.55.png

I am posting here the screen capture of their Audio Chase settings online help, in case Apple decided to withdraw it...

Screenshot 2021-08-13 at 03-21-46 Chase Audio Settings in Logic Pro.png

That's the documentation for 10.6.2. Perhaps they removed it from 10.6.3.

Screenshot 2021-08-13 at 03-21-46 Chase Audio Settings in Logic Pro.png

I doubt. That, Audio Chase pref also appears when switching the documentation to 10.5...

Besides, there would have been mention about same in the release notes or the other documentations I have read...

I doubt. That, Audio Chase pref also appears when switching the documentation to 10.5...

Besides, there would have been mention about same in the release notes or the other documentations I have read...

Well, according to a dude on Apple's forum, it's there in 10.6.2: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/253063293?answerId=255753388022#255753388022