MIDI Preferences: Reset messages are not retained

• 7 months later...
It seems your Preferences file is damaged. Quit Logic, delete

/Users/yourname/Library/Preferences/com.apple.logic10.plist

and launch Logic again. You may need to go through Logic's Preferences and re-set a couple of settings.

The suggestion you provided did not help.

After doing as you suggested, all (except 1) of my clicked selections we all UNchecked after quit, restarted, quit and restarted LPX.

Any other ideas???

I then made my midi reset selections once again.

Closed LPX.

Reopened LPX.

And once again, all my midi reset selections had disappeared!

Ok I just tried it on my machine and interestingly, the software instrument preferences are indeed reset to unselected, however the external MIDI preferences are left selected. Can you (or anyone else) confirm that behavior?

@David Nahmani I posted about "Reset Messages" some months ago and you moved it to the Bug section:

viewtopic.php?f=42&t=157494

Indeed! I had no memory of that. I have joined the two threads and edited the title to make it more descriptive.

I haven't checked in latest Logic but will do.

UPDATE: I'm getting the same as you now David. Somethings changed because none of my settings would stick but now its just the software settings.

Ok so there's some evolution then. I wonder if this is behavior is on purpose for some unknown reason.

I wonder if this is behavior is on purpose for some unknown reason.

From this below I think maybe the intention is that we still should be able to set these and have them stick. The alternative is if Logic handles these intelligently enough in all situations then there would be no need to have these preferences.

LogicPro 10.7 manual says: (bold mine)

When Enable Complete Features is selected in Advanced preferences, MIDI Reset

Messages are available.

These preferences are included for compatibility with older MIDI hardware. For selected

controller types, a reset message is sent to all MIDI outputs. This reset message is sent on

cycle jumps and when playback begins. However, Logic Pro handles MIDI reset messages

automatically and intelligently, so you should generally make sure that all of these options

are unselected—which they are, by default.

Unquote