Soloing One Track Solos More than One

JaceRiley

Hi there,

I've run into a similar issue that's already been posted here, but, it seems as though the solution did not work on my end. I know there's something rudimentary I'm overlooking, but I just can't seem to find it.

Basically, soloing one track, will solo all tracks.

I'm running Logic Pro X 10.5.1.

I've checked to make sure the tracks weren't grouped in any way, and have also checked to make sure the channel strip and number were unique for each track.

Here is a link to download the project itself if anyone wants to take a crack at it. I've also tried restarting logic and my computer. It only seems to happening in this one project; all others are functioning normally:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/9r4qdstwfbnewop/SampleFile.logicx.zip/file

Any suggestions/advice are greatly appreciated!

Jace

All I can find right now is this older topic (viewtopic.php?t=150131) but there was a more recent one where we discussed this, I can't find it right now, but it's due to a bug in the way SbP uses busses to preview effects.

Thanks for the quick response David. I do have previous version of this project in which this is not an issue. But is there a work-around for this bug? Or would it be easier to just revert?

Thanks again,

Jace

In your project the problem is Bus 1. Select all your channel strip and replace the send to Bus 1 with another unused bus, say Bus 20. Now replace the inputs to the two Aux channel strips that receive Bus 1 with Bus 20.

Note that at that point you've healed Bus 1 so you can press Command-Z twice to undo the process and use Bus 1 again.

In your project the problem is Bus 1. Select all your channel strip and replace the send to Bus 1 with another unused bus, say Bus 20. Now replace the inputs to the two Aux channel strips that receive Bus 1 with Bus 20.

Note that at that point you've healed Bus 1 so you can press Command-Z twice to undo the process and use Bus 1 again.

Awesome! I was able to just use Bus 20 instead of Bus 1, but Bus 1 still seems to have the SbP attached to the track. When I hit Cmd-Z, it becomes buggy again. But I suppose I could just use Bus 20 instead of Bus 1 as shown in the screenshot attached yeah?

Screenshot of New Bus

964409540_ScreenShot2020-11-15at8_24_25PM.thumb.jpg.6fbbdad512fd00130a267d2a188df5b1.jpg