Selection-Based Processing creating more than one "New Take"

venk.ivanov

Hello guys,

Have you ever felt the need to print several Selection-based Processing settings to new takes? With the option "Create New Take" in Selection-based Processing window I can only apply it once and no further option to use it again and for example create three or more takes in that matter. Sometimes I need to create more than one take, for example doing a pitched down vocal effect and wanting to try several intervals I now need to convert each takes into a new Track Alternative with Unpack to New Track Alternative to be able to do more than one Selection-Based Processing takes...

I'm moving this to the Bug forum. Meanwhile here's a workaround. It's convoluted but it works.

1) Show Track Alternatives

2) Track Alternatve menu of track the Take Folder is on -> Duplicate

3) On the duplicated Track Alternative make the desired Take active (Take Folder menu widget -> the first, numbered entries)

4) Flatten the Take Folder (Take Folder menu widget -> Flatten)

5) Do the selection based processing as desired (use Marquee if you only want to process a specific range of the Take) with Create New Take switch OFF and Split At Marquee Borders OFF as well.

6) Place Playhead at start of resulting audio region

7) Cmd-X resulting audio region

8) Switch back to original Track Alternative via Track Alternatives menu in track header

9) Cmd-V to paste the region from step 7. This will automatically add it to the original Take Folder.

10) Delete inactive Track Alternatives via Track Alternatives menu in track header

Man, even without that bug, I feel Selection-Based Processing is about the most clunky thing in Logic, and I've seen quite a few...

Look how elegantly Region-based FX are handled in Davinci Resolve, for instance:

1359147662_Bildschirmfoto2020-10-14um17_06_01.thumb.png.b742d802625539f594d2cc47250b8a0f.png

You set them per Region and that's it. Granted, you are restricted to Gain, Pan, Pitch and a four band EQ, but all of these can even be automated via key frames.