Replace function/button not working since 10.5.1

sluice

Doesn‘t matter which option i choose (delete region, merge etc) it doesn‘t delete/replace the region. It worked for years. Specially when i use replace in cycle mode and hit capture last take it is all merged and not replaced or the region is not deleted. Am i the only one? Hope not.

When i enable the orange replace button and i choose the option "delete region" (i guess it's in english written as this as i use the german version) it should behave as it is and it was since years. It should delete the old region as long as i overwrite this region and replace it with the new played region. Or, when i am in cycle mode and play as long as i think it is ok, hit capture last take, there should be now this last take and not x-time merged events.

here is one example:

Ohne-Titel.gif.419c19b4671dceee50fc7823bd13b2df.gif

Replace button

Another example: Here i play something in cycle mode. after a few runs i hit capture last take and it doesn't. Even if i chose the delete region option, it merges all.

Yes Capture as Recording is its own animal, I don't believe it plays by the overlapping recording settings. To be fair, that's not what is considered by Logic an overlapping recording. Replace mode is supposed to replace when you overlap a recording (record over the top of an existing recording), which is not what "Capture as Recording" does.

As i said before, it worked for years...since capture mode was introduced. Was part of my workflow like hitting "cmd s". The replace button replaced a region after i hit capture....and yet it doesn't. No matter on which mac and plugins or whatsoever. Maybe it get fixed with the next update. Perhaps i can show it running on a 10.4.8 version asap.