10.5.1 adding gain to region on it's own

songseeds

Trying to mix a song. Working on automation. I do it by hand. I see there is something called region automation and there's what I've always used: track automation. I get close to having a mix I'm happy with and all of a sudden some tracks are too loud. Took me a while but I finally tracked it down. Logic is putting gain on some regions all on it's own.

I went to the track and lowered the gain and it was better but too loud, I lowered it quite a bit and still too loud. So I lowered it all the way to zero and IT STILL WAS PLAYING. Having never used region gain I didn't really know to look there at first but luckily I finally clicked on the button and there was gain on the region. I did not put it there so this must be a bug.

I hope they fix this soon. It's driving me nuts. Anyone else experience this one?

• 3 months later...
I'm having the same problem, with MIDI regions. I can't figure out where the info is that tells my volume slider to pop down each time the beginning of the region is crossed. It happened for a long time every time it passed the beginning of the loop (the region is looped out), but now it only does it at the beginning of the first original region. Am I missing something or is this a bug?

I'm having the same problem, with MIDI regions. I can't figure out where the info is that tells my volume slider to pop down each time the beginning of the region is crossed. It happened for a long time every time it passed the beginning of the loop (the region is looped out), but now it only does it at the beginning of the first original region. Am I missing something or is this a bug?

It's not a bug. It's most likely either region automation (MIDI CC#7) that can be seen (and deleted) from the Event List, or track automation, which can be seen an edited in Automation view. Let us know if you need further help figuring out how to do either.

Thanks for your answer, David. It's so nice to get help with LPX. I've had it almost three years and it's really started to cause me problems these last few months. I've been restarting it a lot.

I hit the automation button and went to the head of the track. I went to 'region' and found many bits of information telling the multiple regions to do things (volume and pan) that I didn't want them to do and never told them to do. I deleted many dot, some more than once, and I think I was able to make it pristine again, but how on earth did that stuff get there in the first place!?

• 1 month later...

Hi David - Just saw your post. I'm thinking my email notification must have been spam filtered.

Anyway, I was never able to get this to happen again after the initial incident. As I recall region automation looks just like track automation. And while I occasionally run iZotope RX concurrently, during this incident Logic was the only thing running. Thanks for the reply.

Anyway, I was never able to get this to happen again after the initial incident. As I recall region automation looks just like track automation. And while I occasionally run iZotope RX concurrently, during this incident Logic was the only thing running. Thanks for the reply.

Ok good to hear you no longer have the problem, if the problem comes back, give us something to chew on, a copy of the project showing the issue, or a screenshot, and we'll take it from there!