repeat section between locators is problematic since 10.5

billscores

I don't know what conditions are causing this, but I've experienced this in three sessions in 10.5 and one so far in 10.5.1. Never previously.

In these aforementioned sessions, using 'repeat section between locators' yields a chaotic mess - new bars are created, but some midi is shifted vertically to adjacent tracks - and most tracks aren't repeated at all. Sessions are corrupted from that point on and 'repeat section between locators' can't be used with usable results.

I'm using pattern regions and DMD in these problematic sessions with no live looping. One thing in common with these sessions is that they all have one pattern region placed earlier by a 16th note on the timeline after its construction. Could be related -- although changing these patterns to midi regions does not correct the issue once it is present.

Please add on to this thread if you experience the same issue. Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm having a similar problem with the repeat command using marquee tool. Specifically, when I have no overlap mode on, and I move regions over other regions to replace them.

Regions copy across but then a lot of regions will disappear or move places. Very strange. I'm also noticing some MIDI regions don't copy at all unless you delete any regions in the new area.

I'm having a similar problem with the repeat command using marquee tool. Specifically, when I have no overlap mode on, and I move regions over other regions to replace them.

Regions copy across but then a lot of regions will disappear or move places. Very strange. I'm also noticing some MIDI regions don't copy at all unless you delete any regions in the new area.