Troubleshooting Logic help

danielqmark

Hi all,

I have had a number of issues recently with a variety of Logic plugins, and I am not sure what the next steps to take are. I believe they mostly occurred after the 10.5 update, though I can't recall the chronology specifically.

In the first case, Klanghelm's MJUC plugin would cause the Logic meters to instantly run very slowly. I emailed support and got a quick response from Tony, who said it was an issue with the new Logic update. He very efficiently sent me a new fix, saying "The snappiest solution is to use openGL rendering, which makes the GUI more responsive than ever". Problem solved.

More recently, I have had this issue with Sonarworks' Reference. As soon as I turn it on, Logic's meters begin to move slowly or stop completely. Sonarworks responded that they just fixed this issue with overwhelming success, and that it might be me.

A third issue has been with RX7. In the specific case when I use the De-Click Multiband option, the bounce-in-place feature will shift the audio to be out of time. Izotope's response ultimately was that they were not able to re-create the issue, and that it may be a CPU or Logic issue.

Lastly, I purchased Plugin Alliance's Lindell te-100, which just caused Logic to crash almost immediately. PA support said they don't know when a fix will be, and gave me a refund.

Anyway I'm wondering, is it me? How would I go about troubleshooting generally? Should I reach out to Apple (might do this regardless)? Any thoughts or similar experiences would be very helpful. Thanks so much.

Daniel

As an update, I spent a few hours on the phone with Apple and was not able to find a problem. Except, one tangential issue with Logic's track color window. One thing I did not mention is that I am still running Mojave. I am going to download Catalina now and see if it solves any problems.