Dublicate track related data to track header

olavsu1

Because some users like to see larger icons on projects that have fewer tracks or when zooming in vertically so that they can easily identify one track from the other.

I would call this an unnecessary oddity, that could be turned on with an optional checkbox if the user is indeed visually impaired.

/* It is the user's own problem when using a too high resolution monitor. Maybe the key code Ctrl + "+" help them, it made a good picture. I don't see a magnifier option in accessibility settings. it usually attaches a magnifier to the mouse cursor at a selectable magnification. */

I think, It is sufficient to paint them in a contrasting color to identify the tracks.

Well, there's the one side who likes all controls being cramped into one place, every pixel filled with something and there's the other who appreciate a clean, non-distracting interface that doesn't get in the way. As usual, the optimum lies somewhere in the middle, but even where that middle is can and will vary wildly depending on who you ask.

Personally I don't like the track icons as they're too small in a big arrangement and pointless in a four track project, but that's precisely why they can be switched off. Besides, even with icons visible, we're still able to see and operate 15 other controls on a track header, which is quite impressive:

header.gif.a4d72b3eee21f8405b3456f635320e82.gif

That is track heder what I want see

Then keep using Sonar :P

With that track height, how many tracks can you see ? Three ? Four ? Even less ? Since you can have the full channel of the selected track in the Inspector anyway, there's not so much need to cram everything and the kitchen sink one more time into the track header literally right next to it. Also, once you get above a dozen or so tracks, the track header is so slim that there won't fit much of anything anyway.

I agree with you, though, that the icons are too large. Luckily they can be switched off for good.

That is track heder what I want see

Then keep using Sonar :P

With that track height, how many tracks can you see ? Three ? Four ? Even less ?

What a question...

I can see all the tracks, depending on the size of the score.

There were 10 tracks in that score. All them was visible.

I don't have any scores on dozens of tracks

pic1.thumb.png.ae8d4c1964d0ad69841b2700b472a691.png

Large pic: that is Sonars whole project window, opened is midi file. The open menu determines what data is shown in the track header.

Another thing, what I have looking from another DAW's. Where can configure midi output devices? It's not found in Logic and Garageband but it exists in Sonar

defaultsynth.png.9cbe6a988a8497de5382ca25d9d1eef9.png

If any midi device is selected in that dialog, then in future opened midi files outputs will be routed to the device, what is checked in and first in the list.

Third thing :

JUNGERAD-x.MID

Look track10. Sonar shows that:

pic2.png.9f2d0219b02d7da0e35a8d8126100603.png

channel is 10, instrument is default (steinway), and plays drums.

But what Logic does? ignores channel and plays the piano (that is default instrument) so that the hammers fly .

Many DAW programs have that problem, the drum track (midi channel 10) is ignored and they add an wrong instrument to the drum track that is randomly configured as an instrument. Some of them ignore instrument and tempo changes too.