Freeze only regions of the tracks NOT the whole track.

jimdilian

a lot of my projects tracks have a region only in the chorus for example.. if I Freeze the track.. logic "bouce" the whole TRACK..

why not only that specific region.. with the audio tail.. ? will save more disk space..

How about bouncing-in-place the region(s)?

yes i know.. but I cannot get back.. to the Instrument and do more changes for later.. it could be great to only bounce the regions and tails.. when freezing tracks in logic to save space.. freeze is very different than bounce in place.. if you want to get back.. you have to go to the old project files backups.. see.. what you did.. then copy paste the channel strip setting and then make the change again.. too much work..

yes i know.. but I cannot get back.. to the Instrument and do more changes for later.. it could be great to only bounce the regions and tails.. when freezing tracks in logic to save space.. freeze is very different than bounce in place.. if you want to get back.. you have to go to the old project files backups.. see.. what you did.. then copy paste the channel strip setting and then make the change again.. too much work..

Have you experimented with track alternatives? Or tried selection-based processing?

Have you experimented with track alternatives? Or tried selection-based processing?

Hi Atlas thanks for your reply yes I have tried.. but for me Freeze tracks work better cos I can get back.. plugins etc..

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I get you, there’s something magical about just clicking the freeze button and having it take care of the bouncing for you, and reversing the gesture to go exactly back.

It would be nice if you could set freeze to selected regions, so if you just click on the track all regions are selected and thus the whole track gets frozen. Otherwise just highlight a few and it will freeze what you select.

I get you, there’s something magical about just clicking the freeze button and having it take care of the bouncing for you, and reversing the gesture to go exactly back.

It would be nice if you could set freeze to selected regions, so if you just click on the track all regions are selected and thus the whole track gets frozen. Otherwise just highlight a few and it will freeze what you select.

In the meantime that gets implemented, one could

parse the regions on different tracks (which tracks could be grouped into a stack or folder for management purpose).

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Hey guys!

Just in case anyone is still interested, I have a quick workaround:

Discard Recording and Return to Last Play Position (CMD + .)

What you want to do is hit the key shortcut cmd + . (Discard Recording and Return to Last Play Position) right after the playhead passes the last region of the track. This will stop the freeze process but it will function exactly as if you had let it processed the whole track. Saves a lot of time!