'link track and edit selection' function?

joethibs

Hey all,

there's a setting in Pro Tools called 'link track and edit selection' which selects (makes active) whatever track or tracks you click on in the arrange area.

I want to be able to click on a region or click on a track lane with the marquee tool and for that track to be selected without having to click on the track header.

anyone know of a way to make logic do this?

thanks

Joe T

Logic 10.0.6

OSX 10.9.1

Macbook pro 2011

I want to be able to click on a region or click on a track lane with the marquee tool and for that track to be selected without having to click on the track header.

Clicking with the marquee tool (or any tool) on the workspace will never select a track. There's a key command that will select a selected region's track (Select Track by Region/Folder).

Why do you want to "remotely" select a track? What's your goal?

Logic 10.0.6

OSX 10.9.1

Macbook pro 2011

Please add this information to your signature so that it appears automatically in all your posts:

Click this link to your signature and add your system information.

J.

I want the inspector to automatically display the channel strip of the track lane I'm editing. I also want to be able to click on a track lane and be able to use 'S' or 'M' to quickly mute or solo. in most situations, I prefer track solo to Region Solo.

It basically just feels better to me with this workflow

thanks for your response!

I seem to remember there was an option in LP8 to do that but maybe it was the reverse (selecting a track would automatically selct all regions in that track, not sure which it was).

What I do when I'm working on a lot of regions on different tracks , is use the arrow keys on the computer keyboard to change track selection (faster than moving around with the mouse because I don't have to keep moving to the header to make track selection...

• 1 month later...

I find that I want to the program to Select the TRACK when I select a REGION. It makes more sense to me sense I am working on THAT Specific Track. This way I can hit the Solo Command to Continue Editing WITHOUT Having to SELECT the TRACK first Because it will then already have been selected.

Any want to do this?

There is a "SELECT REGIONS on Track Selection" in the Preferences but why not the opposite?

Thanks.

• 6 years later...

Good Afternoon,

I just wanted to bring this suggestion back to the forefront as I believe it is an essential function that Logic does not have. If I click on a region within a project then I am most likely working on that region, so therefore I want that track to be focused (In the same way pro tools does). The amount of times I have been editing audio in a region then click on a plug in associated, change a load of parameters, before realising it was not the same track that was focused.. It is incredibly frustrating.

The point about vertical track zoom is also very valid. Having to move the mouse over to the left hand side of the screen and clicking on the track header before using the key command adds a lot of time to the task.

When you click on the track header, all the regions within that track are highlighted, so why have a setting where this happens the other way round also?

Many Thanks