Hearing voices in a bounced mix?

fisherking

i once (back in the 90s, before most of you were born) bounced out a project while my GF & i were in the room arguing. i sent a CD to this guy at a record label. he called, told me he liked the song but didn't get the point of the arguing voices; the mic was live, and our argument got bounced along with the mix to the CD. good times :mrgreen:

The Aquatic Overlord has since learned that one should always *offline bounce*, and check the bounce doesn't contain ghostly voices from the spirit realm (or the kitchen) before sending it off.

It's like literally item 4 on my checklist...

this was the mackie/adat days (i was just an infant anyway, a good excuse). i had a dat mix routed thru the board to the cd burner (please google for explanations of the things mentioned in this post). and the mic was live... and i never did that again.

"The Aquatic Overlord'... :mrgreen:

I'm just refining the feature set. I'm thinking of a Mode button and Intensity knob...

Mode:

- Crowd noises: Clapping, cheering, chanting, rioting, groupie with tambourine, etc

- Affirmation: "Yeah! Cool! Nice! You rock! Best track evah!" etc

- Dark (interior): General background arguments and drama, GF coming back from work to band recording session etc

- Dark (exterior): General background arguments and drama coming from outside/the next room/neighbours/police radio

- Self-Doubt: "This sucks! You suck! Awful! Possibly the worst thing I've ever heard! That's not even a proper chord!" etc

- Techno-Hate: "Nothing works! Crashed again! Broke a string! Fingers bleeding too much! Amp's destroyed" etc

As for the business model, I'm thinking $799 regular price, $29.99 intro price (for 6 minutes after launch) and after that, regular coupons offering randomly chosen discounts every 30 minutes between 85 and 95% off.

Expansion packs planned:

- Black Friday Sales: "How much?! I paid four times that, only yesterday! Meh, I'll wait until it's cheaper than $1.." etc

- American Politics

- QAnon & Conspiracies

- Actual ghosts/hauntings

... and many more...

English only initially. And Mac only. Obvs.

Available "real soon now" at:

http://www.princeofpisceanpursuits.com/whispervox/

Payment is by Worldpay and helping out a Nigerian price friend of mine who for some reason has many millions of dollars he needs help transferring to your account, and is willing to give you 85% of it. (He runs FruityLoops.)

Note: You can not sign up to the notification list so I won't notify you when it isn't ready...