Help & Suggestions for Live performance setup

Zibon

Hello, I have a friend/bandmate that is wanting to do a one man band thing. He's a bassist. He wants to make loops live, and also play to pre made loops and trigger some one shots and possibly other loops on the fly. He asked me to help. Neither of us are midi gurus. I have a bit more knowledge but have never done any live performance with loops etc.

What we've come up with so far is a Beat Buddy pedal as the master tempo sync and main drum loop. MIDI OUT from that to his Ditto x4 pedal for sync. MIDI THRU from the Ditto (the Ditto is for his live bass loops) to iPad (for sync for the pre-made loops on the iPad) And finally MIDI OUT from a trigger he hasn't decided on yet to the iPad (for one shots/pre-made loops on the iPad). Then some type of MIDI interface to run the MIDI THRU tempo sync and the MIDI OUT from the trigger into the iPad.

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''[sync]''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''[sync]

1. Beat Buddy ---midi out---> Ditto ---midi thru---> midi interface to iPad

2. MIDI trigger ---midi out---> midi interface to iPad

Are we even close haha? If so, any suggestions on a decent MIDI interface for iPad that will allow the 2 MIDI inputs?

Thanks in advance!

Shawn

Thanks for the suggestion. We tried diving into MS and we both found it difficult to wrap our heads around. We both have a lot of Logic experience but it was hard to grasp MS as it stands now. Also, my friend is much more "hands-on" when it comes to live gigs. In other words, if there was a way to make MainStage out of hitting pots and pans, he'd much rather go that route haha. He's trying to not get to where he's got a laptop and trying to at most trigger some stuff from an iPad, but have everything synced. It seems like this should be fairly easy "organically" with pedals and just triggering an iPad. thoughts?