remix of a 6/8 time signature track

save

Hi guys i am new in doing a remix and i ve got a question :

when you do the remix of a track written in 6/8 when you change the tempo of the part of the track used do how do you deal with the 6/8 time signature?

any tips?

thanks in advance guys

is that possible for the acapellas to be recorded in 6/8 though?

If the original track is in 6/8, then of course the vocal is going to be in 6/8.

Whether or not you can remix the track and have it sound legit all depends on the feel of the vocal. So why don't you just change the time signature to 4/4, put down a four on the floor kick, and see how it sounds.

• 2 months later...

guys thanks for your help about time signature etc.the next question is when you make a remix.i am trying to remix fallin of Alicia Keys how can you find out the right bass pattern is a bit tricky for me....

any suggestions?

Listen. Listen. Listen. Listen. Listen. Listen. Listen. Listen. Listen. Listen. Listen. Listen. Listen. Listen. Listen. Listen. Listen. Listen. Listen. Listen. Listen. Listen. Listen. Listen. Listen. Listen. Listen. Listen. Listen. Listen. Listen. Listen. Listen. Listen. Listen. Listen. Listen. Listen. Listen. Listen. Listen. Listen. Listen. Listen. Listen. Listen. Listen. Listen. Listen. Listen.

Listen. Listen. Listen. Listen. Listen. Listen. Listen. Listen. Listen. Listen. Listen. Listen. Listen. Listen. Listen. Listen. Listen. Listen. Listen. Listen. Listen. Listen. Listen. Listen. Listen. Listen. Listen. Listen. Listen. Listen. Listen. Listen. Listen. Listen. Listen. Listen. Listen. Listen. Listen. Listen. Listen. Listen. Listen. Listen. Listen. Listen. Listen. Listen. Listen. Listen.

50 ways to keep your lover...?

Or are you just in an identitycrisis, wanting to be listentothisguy?

:mrgreen:

50 ways to keep your lover...?

Or are you just in an identitycrisis, wanting to be listentothisguy?

:mrgreen:

Oh, you counted? My OCD becomes apparent, apparently…

And honestly, I was always the kid that figured things out before everyone else, but no one ever listen to me, thereby wasting their time and I guess causing me to develop a complex…

Though it must be said, I refuse to pay you by the hour to discuss these topics any further. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
I think you need to read up on simple & compound time.

+1

And maybe hemiolas (hemiolae?), while you're at it…

hemiolae ?? aren't they the dark circles of flesh surrounding nipples ?? :lol: :lol:

mmmm, niiiiples :shock: :lol:

gimme a break, i'm trying to break 2000 posts