Change Key from E minor to F minor

Hi all!

I have a midi recording for piano. So I have all the notes in Logic Pro X.

The current key is in E minor (using only one sharp : F#).

I need to change it to Fminor (using 4 flats : B flat, E flat, D flat, A flat).

How can I do that in logic pro x?

I saw the transpose, but it seems to just move all notes by a semi-tone, whereas I need a proper key change.

I also saw that I could set the key to Fminor, and then presse quantize to scale. But I was not sure that would be the correct way to do this, musically. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Actually, I think that you will find that it does work generally. "E minor to F minor" is equivalent to "G to Ab major." (Minor scales are based on the 6th degree of the corresponding major scale.) This is just a rise of one semitone. Other single-note transpositions might require two semitones "if there is a black key in the way."

Yes, I agree in this particular case it works. In the general case (changing e.g. from a Harmonic minor to a major key) it will not work.
In such case, I’d be interested to know about a plugin or another app that actually does that reliably while respecting the composer’s intended melody… considering that the 7th degree of a minor harmonic mode may not always be played in that context as in a rehearsed scale exercise…

• 11 months later...

Hi - I'd love to know if there's a way to change a loop from major to minor key too (a yr has passed since the last post). Would also love to know if, after importing a sample  thats not from logic pro, that is in major key, if it can be changed to a minor key.. 

Thanks - I get what relative minor is but get confused thinking about how that works for me in the song I want to make in Logic Pro - at this point I can’t quite pick if the sample is in major or minor key …. I’m just going to have to think this through more I think 

Also the loops  in logic pro- the key is provided in the right hand column but doesn't say if it is in minor or major.  Is it up to our own ear to identify whether the loop is in a major or minor key?  When I wrote my first track I just assumed it was all major....now that I want to do something in a minor key using mostly loops its got me thinking... 

I see how in the control bar we can change the key overall.  But let's say I select B minor - then drag in a loop - that's in 'B'  - i dont think its going to necessarily make it B minor. Or does it? I get why a sample cant be changed from major to minor.  ...... 

If i want to make a song in a minor key using all samples (and I cant alwys accurately identify whether lo ops are in major or minor) will I need to resort to finding  some site like 'loops in minor key'. Thanks a lot for any time you give to reply...