Song Similarity & Copyright

Anybody know an app or website that can analyze my original songs, looking for similarities or copyright infringement?

:shock:

Considering what is at stake, I wouldn't trust an app or a website, or even an "expert" advice...

Are you aware about the rendered judgement in the case between Led Zeppelin vs Spirit (re Stairway to Heaven VS Taurus)?

Yep. I’ve tracked a lot of litigation over the years. My main concern is around royalty free beats and loops, largely used in the public domain. If I use royalty free samples and beats in my songs, but a major artist uses the same, are my songs subject to legal issues?

I was looking for an app that analyzes my songs for similarities like chord progression, melody, samples and beats, etc.

Yep. I’ve tracked a lot of litigation over the years. My main concern is around royalty free beats and loops, largely used in the public domain. If I use royalty free samples and beats in my songs, but a major artist uses the same, are my songs subject to legal issues?

For one, nobody should consider totally armored against copyright infringement legal suit, especially when their case involves lots of money.

Considering their domestic legal practice, their laws & regulations, their jurisprudence and other sociopolitical factors, some countries are worse than others in that respect. And that, either for the prosecution and/or the defense.

Royalty free samples and beats are free for anyone, unless officially stipulated otherwise. IOW, it would therefore be highly recommended that you obtain concrete and valid proof of such a stipulation.

I was looking for an app that analyzes my songs for similarities like chord progression, melody, samples and beats, etc.
Chord progression and melodies are something totally different from samples and beats.

Anyhow, for that, I wouldn't trust same as mentioned in my previous post.

Friend, "you need a lawyer."

No, wait. I have one, and his name is Tom. He is my counselor – not the old-fashioned English term but "trusted advisor."

I first encountered Tom when our family needed to probate a poorly-written will. He was friendly, provided excellent service, and charged a reasonable fee. I quickly realized that he was a qualified expert in many things that I knew nothing about ... as well as a savvy entrepreneur. We got along very well.

And, by now, it is "Let me ask Tom™ about that." If he doesn't know the answer, he'll refer me to someone who does, and either way I feel that I can rely on what I'm told. "That's priceless."

I have no problem paying his (tax-deductible ...) professional fees. "He's an expert in the law, and I am not." He keeps me out of trouble, and he puts everything in writing and then stands behind it.

"Professional."

So – find an intellectual-property attorney who works in this area, and whom you feel that you can trust. You'll be glad that you did. (It's called: "due diligence.")

Lol. I’m covered when it comes to the law, thanks!

From a musician and artist point of view, an app or website that identifies similar songs would be valuable. I’d like to believe my original content is somewhat unique but it wouldn’t hurt to check. I’m not really after opinions either, I looking for a more systematic analysis.