A technical support community for Apple Logic Pro users.

mugtree2000
Topic Author

Elements of a track - Reference sheet

Sat May 23, 2020 3:27 pm

Hi. Does anyone have or seen a PDF or some sort of reference I could use to see the elements of a track (drums - kick, hats, percussion. Bass, chords etc) and what typical affects you can apply to them (compress your kick), how to EQ them (remove lows from hi-hats) , group drums. Be really handy as a reminder! Hope that makes sense. Thanks

fuzzfilth

Re: Elements of a track - Reference sheet

Sat May 23, 2020 4:34 pm

Nope, doesn't make sense. You may remove lows from the hihat but what if it sounds too thin ? You may end up adding lows. You may compress the kick, but what If it punches you in the chest already ? Why compress it then ?

This is not painting by numbers. You need to listen to what's actually there and then decide if you like it and if not, what it is that you don't like and then find things you can do to change that.
Christian Obermaier
Contact me for private Logic Consulting, Training, Troubleshooting via Skype, Zoom or Teamviewer

1 x MacPro 6core 2010 24Gb RAM
2 x MacBookPro i7 2012 16Gb RAM
OSX.14.6. Mojave, Logic X.4.4 & 5.1

mugtree2000
Topic Author

Re: Elements of a track - Reference sheet

Sun May 24, 2020 1:54 am

Fair point. I was thinking of a cheat sheet and a reminder of things you can do to the different elements. You know what I mean, you must have some processes you often apply to different elements 9 times out of 10.