Soundtrack drums/percussions

Hey guys,

It's my first time here and everything is still new for me here. I'm currently working on a project and I need to create an opening scene soudtrack. For that piece I have found a type of drum/percussion from a movie soundtrack, link below. The sound I'm looking for is directly in the beginning of the song I linked.

The problem is I don't have any clue how to create this type of sound in Logic so I'd need some help.

Thanks in advance.

Kick is 909ish, and short cut bitcrushed shakers are everywhere to be found, but you mean the single hit (with delay), on the right, on the downbeat, right ?

Actually, before auditioning thousands of samples for an approximation, I'd just record some stuff myself and be done in five minutes.

Kick is 909ish, and short cut bitcrushed shakers are everywhere to be found, but you mean the single hit (with delay), on the right, on the downbeat, right ?

Actually, before auditioning thousands of samples for an approximation, I'd just record some stuff myself and be done in five minutes.

Yeah, that's it, right in the beginning of the song with the delay.

Recording the sound by myself isn't currently possible for me so it would be easier for me now to find a sound from logic to work with.

"Okay, what about this?" Can you possibly record a "software instrument" track using a "drum kit" patch? Could you possibly begin with a MIDI-file, downloaded from somewhere, that contains the MIDI-events with the basic timing that you are looking for? Such that you could then use Logic to "tweak it" into exactly what you have in mind?

Like the others, I think that drumming really is a peculiar slice of music that is "precisely fitted to the musical situation from whence it came." You are therefore extremely unlikely – IMHO – to find any "stock part" that you can simply drop in.