A technical support community for Apple Logic Pro users.

Eliaasp
Topic Author

Soundtrack drums/percussions

Fri May 01, 2020 4:30 pm

Hey guys,
It's my first time here and everything is still new for me here. I'm currently working on a project and I need to create an opening scene soudtrack. For that piece I have found a type of drum/percussion from a movie soundtrack, link below. The sound I'm looking for is directly in the beginning of the song I linked.

https://open.spotify.com/track/7BASUOMU ... ZHalp45w-g

The problem is I don't have any clue how to create this type of sound in Logic so I'd need some help.

Thanks in advance.

fuzzfilth

Re: Soundtrack drums/percussions

Fri May 01, 2020 4:58 pm

Kick is 909ish, and short cut bitcrushed shakers are everywhere to be found, but you mean the single hit (with delay), on the right, on the downbeat, right ?

Actually, before auditioning thousands of samples for an approximation, I'd just record some stuff myself and be done in five minutes.
Christian Obermaier
Contact me for private Logic Consulting, Training, Troubleshooting via Skype, Zoom or Teamviewer

1 x MacPro 6core 2010 24Gb RAM
2 x MacBookPro i7 2012 16Gb RAM
OSX.14.6. Mojave, Logic X.4.4 & 5.1

Eliaasp
Topic Author

Sat May 02, 2020 1:34 am

Yeah, that's it, right in the beginning of the song with the delay.

Recording the sound by myself isn't currently possible for me so it would be easier for me now to find a sound from logic to work with.

Eliaasp
Topic Author

Sun May 03, 2020 1:33 am

fuzzfilth wrote:
Kick is 909ish, and short cut bitcrushed shakers are everywhere to be found, but you mean the single hit (with delay), on the right, on the downbeat, right ?

Actually, before auditioning thousands of samples for an approximation, I'd just record some stuff myself and be done in five minutes.

Yeah, that's it, right in the beginning of the song with the delay.

Recording the sound by myself isn't currently possible for me so it would be easier for me now to find a sound from logic to work with.

MikeRobinson

Tue May 05, 2020 8:45 am

"Okay, what about this?" Can you possibly record a "software instrument" track using a "drum kit" patch? Could you possibly begin with a MIDI-file, downloaded from somewhere, that contains the MIDI-events with the basic timing that you are looking for? Such that you could then use Logic to "tweak it" into exactly what you have in mind?

Like the others, I think that drumming really is a peculiar slice of music that is "precisely fitted to the musical situation from whence it came." You are therefore extremely unlikely – IMHO – to find any "stock part" that you can simply drop in.
Mike Robinson
"I wanna quit being a computer consultant and become a composer and arranger at age fifty-nevermind."
Logic Pro X, MacBook Pro, 88-key MIDI controller.
Just south of Chattanooga, Tennessee, USA