Need help picking tracks

pologol

I am currently working on a project to make a score that goes along with a video which is meant to be a "hype" video. Basically, I am looking for specific tracks on Logic that emulate this theme or anything that may have a dramatic feel to it.

This is an example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoRcWgIqo5A&list=LLlDkf6CVJtB7QbCF_GxlpaA&index=4&t=4s

I'm really not sure that I would try so hard to emulate this track because to me it sounds rather stuffy and pretentious. Music in this genre usually has a rapid pulsing under-beat, often provided by a rhythm machine, some kind of insistent staccato main melody that repeats a lot (between a handful of variations), a synth-string bed track that generally sweeps up, and "risers" – those "swoops" that happen at inevitable points. You also frequently hear "brass stabs" for emphasis.

Logic Pro's very rich loops library (I hope you've taken the time to patiently download all of the "additional material" in the library ...) has a lot of examples of these elements. (In the library they use words like "riser" and "stab.")

Also – many of these loops are MIDI loops, which means that they appear in the track display as MIDI information. Which means that you can now grab your composer-hat and just start messing around with them until you come up with some brainstorm that you like ... and that is now truly yours.

Having now said all of that, just one more thing: "do you have a video?" Or even a representative sample of what the video director might have in mind? As you'll see from the video that you posted, the music track is very definitely aligned with the video. Hopefully your video won't have to deal with such a range of on-screen action, but you can see that the composer of this one did have to compose the piece accordingly. The first 30 seconds are almost still-shots, then he begins to pick up the pace (and the video editor cut to a corresponding shot of a commuter train), and later on he has to completely pause the music to let an announcer through, and so on. He uses several simple and clearly-defined themes throughout, arranging them together so that towards the end of the piece he can let them all play simultaneously. The entire piece start-to-finish is choreographed to the final clip.