Logic Drummer starting in wrong place

I am trying to add drums to a project with a variable tempo - Drummer has exactly the beat I want but I can't get it to start at correct place - as soon as I move it to where it should be it changes the beat to start with a roll (even with fills turned all the way down) and changes the pattern to start on the wrong beat. Very frustrating. Any ideas how to solve this without converting to midi track?

Many thanks in advance - hope this is clear.

Cheers,

Albatross

LPX 10.4.4 / Mac (27-inch, Late 2012)

Why avoiding to convert to MIDI track?

The drummer is an algorythm driving an appended plugin. Which algorythm depends on the combination of various tempo related factors/parameters. Hence it is not as docile/passive; when moving its (representation) region's position on the time grid, those factors are altered and then yield a different outcome which is hard to predict.

Well, I would like to audition the part in real time, changing it via the drummer interface. I cant currently do this without converting to midi, putting it in situ, listening, deciding I want to make changes and having to either repeat these steps or edit in the grid (Im not a drummer so the latter is normally a last resort). Seems a bit of a crap workflow.