Stems of disco tracks

save

Hello i would like to know if there is any website that you can find the audio stems in order to create a remix of an old disco 70s track or is there any other way to complete this task. I am not sure if i am at the right place to ask for. Any feedback is appreciated

Thank you guys

thanks fuzz 4 replying to me. So you want to say that all the disco remixes that producers make eg Daft punk contact the labels and they buy the stems? Or maybe they just edit the full track eg is not really a remix in a traditional way but more like an editing.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If it's not original disco stuff you're looking for, OR, if you can extract enough of the key ingredients (remember legal stuff!), but want to mix with your own actual remix work, check out F9 Audio for a lot of funky, groovy, disco-y and house sounds, templates etc. Proper work by James Wiltshire (1/2 of The Freemasons) and his team. A lot of tutorials and free 'how to' and 'making of' videos, many with amazing gear, too!

https://www.f9-audio.com/collections/all-products/products/f9-free-sp1200-beat-stems

https://www.f9-audio.com/collections/all-products/products/f9-free-claptrap-sample-pack

https://www.f9-audio.com/collections/all-products/products/f9-ifunk-nu-disco-guitars

https://www.f9-audio.com/collections/all-products/disco?sort_by=created-descending

• 2 months later...

Disco ... gaa-a-a-a-aa, I am old enough to remember it! ... was extremely formulaic. It all revolved around the beat, obviously machine-generated and always the same. The instrumentation was also pastiche. But, they churned the stuff out, and sold all of it.

Disco never excited me, until it evolved into modern dance. The "final dance" sequence of movies from those days was usually pretty amazing. (But you'd fast-forward your VCR tape past all the "disco" at the beginning, to get to the good stuff.)

Now, if you're really going to get into doing disco music, you'll need to add some accoutrements to your studio: mirror balls, and square tiles on the floor that light up in various colors ... and you need to wear bell-bottoms, too. :D

Disco ... gaa-a-a-a-aa, I am old enough to remember it! ... was extremely formulaic. It all revolved around the beat, obviously machine-generated and always the same. The instrumentation was also pastiche. But, they churned the stuff out, and sold all of it.

Ahem - did you ever listen to Chic or Kool and the Gang? Or Earth, Wind and Fire?

I grew up with those bands! ... :D

Although, to my ear and to my memory, both K&TG and EW&F rather quickly embraced orchestration that "simple disco" never did.

To my recollection, "disco" was very much about [local ...] clubs. "You could replicate this in your own chosen side of podunk." In its seminal incarnations, I recall that it was a very driving musical style, but not a particularly complicated one.

However, I recognize that my recollections of the day – having actually (yuck ...) experienced it – are probably quite different from what you would today find on a revisionist "Google search ..." ... :D

Y'know, one thing that all of us should also bear in mind, when we look back, is that technology ... specifically, the utter and complete lack thereof(!) ... had an enormous part in it. "The music that we heard" was completely unattainable. Musical artists in those days were sometimes paying more than $100,000 to lay their hands on "absolutely innovative" musical devices that would be laughingstock today.