You Know What I Wish They Had?

reddvette

Pre made drum parts to popular cover songs..... Don't consider myself much of a creator or song writer. Often times when I'm having fun with Logic I just enjoy doing a cover of a classic rock song or something like that. But doing the drums is always a real problem. I am mainly a guitar player, bass player, singer etc. I'm not a drummer 'nor do I know any drummers that could come over and record with me. I wish there was a service out there where you could purchase an entire drum track to popular cover songs. Anyone know of the availability of something like this?

Definitely there are drum tracks you can purchase, both as audio, or midi.. Unfortunately with some audio drum packages, they are premixed.. Other's are not, they are snippets of each drum individually.. You just stretch/shrink it to fit what you are doing..

You can search the internet, and find free midi's of songs, (or buy some) for the drum parts.. Most of the drum virtual instruments, (Superior drums, BFD, Logic's drummer, have parts in them..

Sometimes I'll find a midi file on the net, and strip it's drum part out and add to my piece.. Alter it here and there to fit song better..

If the bass part is good.. copy and change to a kick.. Don't use every note on the kick.. But those extra pick up kid's can really punch a song up..

There are purchasable audio drum parts, which you can piece a decent drum performance together.. Real or GOOD sounding drums, really bring a piece together..