How to use "Send To All"

zephtragic

When mapping a control, I seen in the inspector there is a folder called "Send To All." When I drill down into it I see it lists all of my possible Midi destinations and if you drill into one of those, it lists options for midi messages such as "Program Change" or 0-127.

I've been fiddling with these options to see what I might be able to achieve with these settings and I just can't get it to do anything. I'm testing to see if I can get this to send out midi through IAC or anything really. But midi monitor is not detecting any midi traffic generated by these settings. Does anyone know how to use this and a use case for it?

• 10 months later...

Hi,

I don't know if you figured how to make what you wanted.

I had the same problem and after a long time searching how to do, here's the solution. You have to create an external midi instrument (I made it at concert level). You can specify the midi output for this instrument. Then you will have this midi destination in your inspector where you can send whatever midi message you want.

Still don't know what is "send to all" is made for :)