Nanokontrol won’t turn patches off

Swishboyd

My nano has some buttons to turn a selected patch on or off. They turn the respective patches on just fine, but when I push the button to turn them off they toggle off and right back on again. In short: the patch effectively won’t turn off.

I’ve reset my nano, remapped those buttons, nothing works.

Oh, and I’ve used a different keyboard and a friend’s nano and the same thing happens.

I’m using a recent MacBook Air and the latest OS.

Any help would be AWESOME.

• 3 months later...

I have a controller that sends a note on when I push a button and a note off when I release it. For mapping to buttons on screen I find I have to, in order:

1. Click or move the screen control I want to target

2. Press command L

3. Press (but don’t release!) the controller button I want to map,

4. Press command L to turn off mapping mode, and

5. Release the controller button only after that.

Maybe this will work for you?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/23/2022 at 5:29 AM, gacki said:

What kind of command are those buttons sending? Note on/off? Are they sending one command when being pressed and another one when being released?

So they're sending an on/off command to a keys patch.  I ended up redoing my entire setup, still with the NanoKontrol 2, and now the stupid buttons will not map at all.  They show as unmapped/available, and when I go through the mapping process they still show as unmapped.  I love technology..............

On 5/12/2022 at 9:07 AM, grrdjf said:

I have a controller that sends a note on when I push a button and a note off when I release it. For mapping to buttons on screen I find I have to, in order:

1. Click or move the screen control I want to target

2. Press command L

3. Press (but don’t release!) the controller button I want to map,

4. Press command L to turn off mapping mode, and

5. Release the controller button only after that.

Maybe this will work for you?

I'm going to give this a try.  I want the button to act like a light switch, turning a patch on when I push it, and off if I push it again.

You might also need to use their terrible editing software to confirm/change the midi signals your Nanokontrol2 is sending if it’s not sending something MainStage can work with. Just Google “Nanokontrol2 editor.”

Hope this helps.

Edited by grrdjf

On 5/21/2022 at 11:49 AM, grrdjf said:

You might also need to use their terrible editing software to confirm/change the midi signals your Nanokontrol2 is sending if it’s not sending something MainStage can work with. Just Google “Nanokontrol2 editor.”

Hope this helps.

Thank you for your input here.  My Mac sees the Nano, and responds when I push the buttons so I don't think there's a MIDI issue between the Nano and the Mac.

It's just the virtual nano I built on the MainStage screen won't allow me to map the buttons.  I can map all the faders and nobs, just not the buttons.  I even put a new button on the screen and tried to map it to see if I could troubleshoot and it just didn't work.

What kind of command are those buttons sending? Note on/off? Are they sending one command when being pressed and another one when being released?

Okay, now the buttons will not map at all.  The faders and knobs all map perfectly, but not the buttons.

Actually, I've figured out the buttons will map, just not to turn a particular instrument on or off.  So it appears it's the on/off function that is causing the problem and not the buttons themselves.  Weird....

Update:  I figured it out!  I had to open the instrument screen and click the power button there as opposed to the mini button that appears when I hover my mouse over the input on the mixer.  Thanks again everyone!