Some melodic industrial I did back in the day....

svonkampen

Here ya go,

If you like Depeche, Gary Numan....you might like it.

Don't try to understand the vocals as I am just belting out random syllables to get a feel for the song.

SvK

Click on "Echoes In Bloom"

http://homepage.mac.com/WebObjects/FileSharing.woa/wa/default?user=svonkampen&templatefn=FileSharing1.html&xmlfn=TKDocument.1.xml&sitefn=RootSite.xml&aff=consumer&cty=US&lang=en

I really dig it. I like that genre a lot. I usually think the danger of writing in that genre is to become overly focused on sounds, techniques and arranging, and leaving the songwriting or musicality aside. Not the case in this example, where the harmony/melody content is rich and interesting. To my taste at least!

Do you sometimes have to write such music for movies, or do you just do this for yourself?

Thanx man ;-)

I write this stuff just for myself ;-)

I grew up on New Order, Depeche Mode, Gary Numan, Cabaret Voltaire, Ultravox, Shrieckback

etc, etc....

I'm very focused on Orchestral now....but sooner than later I will have a project where I merge these styles....

This track is overly busy, but it's got a nice feel.....and YES......Writing a good song with a beginning, middle, end in my opinion at least is crucial......Afterall as humans we react to chord changes and melody....all to often in electronica drums and percussion are a crutch.....I try to avoid writing drums at the beginning of a project and really try to establish a chord/song structure FIRST.........then if it sounds good without drums, it will really be great with them.

thanx again.

SvK

You're using Native Instrument's orchestral libraries correct? Are you using anything else to generate those amazingly realistic sounds? In other words, is one just out of luck in trying to make something sound that real via Logic unless they have the orchestral library in particular?

I have NI's Komplete 2, which has quite an amazing array of apps . . . still learning them (AND Logic itself for that matter!) Would consider getting their orchestral stuff if that's the only way to make things sound that good.

Thanks

Javier

Ahhh . . . No, no . . . Not Native Instruments . . . Garritan right??

I'm pretty darn new to all of this, and am barely just understanding. Listening to your stuff got me to start doing some serious research into just how you accomplished these great sounds . . . and, of course, I ran into the Garritan Orchestral Library collection. Their website - particularly their demo/listening section where one can actually hear some compositions made by users - is mind boggling.

Makes one wonder if anyone could really tell the difference nowadays between a real orchestra and a well programmed sequence using this software.

I'm really considering getting this stuff.