Anyone into Hard dance music?

Gopal

Cheers mate.

Everything done from within Logic 5.5.1 All hardware synths (virus B, JP8080, Nova, Bass station) vocals cut up within Intakt. Most drums from the Drumstation except the kicks. TC effects used heavily :lol:

Anyone else?

Cheers mate.

Everything done from within Logic 5.5.1 All hardware synths (virus B, JP8080, Nova, Bass station) vocals cut up within Intakt. Most drums from the Drumstation except the kicks. TC effects used heavily :lol:

Anyone else?

Listening to Spectralizator now.

This is not a genre that I listen to very often, although I really dig hearing good tunes in that genre once in a while. This is one of them! I'm really enjoying it.

Mix sounds good on my Genelecs, I like the sounds, great pan work.

Only comments I would have are of artistic nature. You've done a lot of sound design work, panning work, lots of interesting stuff developping in the low to medium frequency spectrum. Now I think you could extend your palette by working a little more on the high end, including the hi-hat, which could be further sculpted and programmed to add interest in parts of the song. The other thing is depth. By using delays and/or reverbs, you could give more dimension and/or movement to your mix.

Like I said, artistic suggestions. If you did follow them, the result would be different, and possibly not what you're looking for. I guess in hard trance you might want to keep that in-your-face all-the-time character and primitive rythmic programmation.

But just ideas to explore... excellent work in general though! Thanks for sharing.

Listening to Spectralizator now.

This is not a genre that I listen to very often, although I really dig hearing good tunes in that genre once in a while. This is one of them! I'm really enjoying it.

Mix sounds good on my Genelecs, I like the sounds, great pan work.

Only comments I would have are of artistic nature. You've done a lot of sound design work, panning work, lots of interesting stuff developping in the low to medium frequency spectrum. Now I think you could extend your palette by working a little more on the high end, including the hi-hat, which could be further sculpted and programmed to add interest in parts of the song. The other thing is depth. By using delays and/or reverbs, you could give more dimension and/or movement to your mix.

Like I said, artistic suggestions. If you did follow them, the result would be different, and possibly not what you're looking for. I guess in hard trance you might want to keep that in-your-face all-the-time character and primitive rythmic programmation.

But just ideas to explore... excellent work in general though! Thanks for sharing.

Hey David,

really appreciate the feedback. That is some really constructive feedback too.

That particular track is probably my least favourite at the moment and was my first stab at writing a psy tune.

Re: the hats/perc. I've intentionally left that part of the track very empty. It was kinda an experiment to see if I could get drive and feel from a tune using just the kick, bass and synth lines.

That was also my first attempt at creating a bassline from scratch with the ES1. I was quite pleased with the results but there are some very subtle clicks on the start of the notes that I couldn't get rid of no matter how much I$&@+% around with the ES1. Did my head in big time.

Keep the feedback comin guys :D

Hey David,

really appreciate the feedback. That is some really constructive feedback too.

That particular track is probably my least favourite at the moment and was my first stab at writing a psy tune.

Re: the hats/perc. I've intentionally left that part of the track very empty. It was kinda an experiment to see if I could get drive and feel from a tune using just the kick, bass and synth lines.

That was also my first attempt at creating a bassline from scratch with the ES1. I was quite pleased with the results but there are some very subtle clicks on the start of the notes that I couldn't get rid of no matter how much I$&@+% around with the ES1. Did my head in big time.

Keep the feedback comin guys :D