need real nylon acoustic guitar

Yeah, I appreciate you trying to help. I did try that preset and it doesnt sound close to the real thing. May be there are some outside software instruments I could get to get the realistic sounds, something like from East West. I also need a flute. Logic presets are good but not as close to the real thing.

Last week I found a free one sampled I believe by Worra who now runs SampleTekk.

http://gigasamples.com/free-giga-samples/guitars-and-guitar-like-samples/

The one called Worra’s Campfire Nylon

I like it a lot. It is 2 different giga sampler files. One soft and one medium velocity. The EXS24 will import these easy enough, then you can combine the 2 patches into one velocity switching instrument.

Also a great 12-String and Washburn and some others including another Nylon can be found on this page.

Mark R

(Oh - and the BoyChoir.rar is quite blessed)

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi!

I was wondering if someone can walk me through how to import these samples to the EXS24. The format after unraring the files (I downloaded the Ovation pack to start with) is .gig and my mac doesn't recognize it. I also tried to drag it in the EXS24, like you would a wav sample, but it didn't happen.

I appreciate your help :)

Hi!

I was wondering if someone can walk me through how to import these samples to the EXS24. The format after unraring the files (I downloaded the Ovation pack to start with) is .gig and my mac doesn't recognize it. I also tried to drag it in the EXS24, like you would a wav sample, but it didn't happen.

I appreciate your help :)

From the Logic Studio Instruments manual:

Importing SoundFont2, SampleCell, DLS, and Gigasampler Files

The EXS24 mkII recognizes SoundFont2, SampleCell, DLS, and Gigasampler files placed inside the Sampler Instruments folder, and converts them into sampler instruments.

To import SoundFont2, SampleCell, DLS, or Gigasampler files into the EXS24 mkII

Copy or move your SoundFont2, SampleCell, DLS, or Gigasampler files into the ~/Library/Application Support/Logic/Sampler Instruments folder.

Choose the SoundFont2, SampleCell, DLS, or Gigasampler file in the EXS24 mkII Sampler Instruments pop-up menu. The EXS24 mkII automatically converts the chosen file into an EXS sampler instrument:

• AnEXSinstrumentfileiscreatedintheSamplerInstrumentsfolder.Thiscontainsthe file in its original format.

•The raw samples associated with the sampler instrument are placed in one of the following folders, depending on the format being converted:

• ~/Library/ApplicationSupport/Logic/SoundFontSamples

• ~/Library/ApplicationSupport/Logic/SampleCellSamples

• ~/Library/ApplicationSupport/Logic/GigasamplerSamples

• ~/Library/ApplicationSupport/Logic/DLSSamples

J.