EXS24 BJA Drumkit Instrument For Download

Bransin James Anderson drumkit sampler instrument tracked to analog from the beginning. This is the first one I've put together thus far.

• All samples were tracked to 2" analog tape, Neve VR preamps, Pro Tools for editing, and arranged as an EXS24 sampler instrument in Logic Pro.
  • True sounding Pacific drumset with all samples left raw (no compression, no EQ or effects).
  • Multiple degrees of velocity. There are about 8 samples per key.
  • All cymbal samples are true stereo overheads recorded with AT4031 microphones
  • Drum samples are from C1 through D#2 on keyboard
  • 44.1K, 16 Bit .AIFF

Download Now - bjadrumkit.zip (16.5 MB)

Edit 2018-01-11: Updated broken download URL

Edited by Bransin

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Guys, please help me out--I'm downloading the kit, but I know from previous experience that I don't know what to do next! Will this just show up in my EX24 or do I have to load it?

Also, if I did want to change the velocity ranges so they didn't overlap, how would I do that?

Thank you for the new drumkit!

By the way, just to prove that I'm trying--the kit downloaded, I did as instructed and it now lives in my Sampler Instruments folder. I can see it, along with the other sampler instruments I've loaded in (and can select in the EX24).

But there is still no BJA in my EX24 pull-down menu...?

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
"I would expect a "Certified" Logic person to be aware of the proper layout for a GM drum kit"

That's interesting - I always thought that the GM layout was for entry level users to be compatible. Most of the pro's I know do their own customised layouts to suit their programming style.

• 2 weeks later...
Update--I found it, and it's loaded! I'd still like to know if there is a way to edit the veolicities--I'm assuming that would enable me to make the hat close when playing the closed sound after the open sound?

I think what you're trying to do would mean you have to go into the instrument editor section of the EXS, create a new group for the hats, if there isn't one already and change the number of voices in the group to 1.

Downloading the kit now... thanks man!!

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Bransin!

They are really good sounding these samples!

One thing I could point out as an "improvement" is that I noticed that you've routed eg. your hihat1 to a group called hihat1 and hh2 to group hh2.

Instead I would route ALL hihat samples out to a group called Hihat and set the maximum voice to 1 for maximum realism.

The same goes for snare and maybe bass drum.

Great work and thanks a lot!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 5 months later...
Thanks a lot for all your work. I would like to ask a question regarding the start point of each sample. When I trigger them from my Midi controller there is a slight lag before the sample is heard. Is there a quick way of moving all the starting points forward a little to make playing a little more snappy?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...