Logic 9 crashing with Kontakt 5 Player.Recommendations pls?

Hi! I've been running Logic 9.1.8 on my OSX 10.6.8 Mac Mini with NO issues for some time now however, I recently bought the Abbey Road '60s Drums software and, in order to run it, downloaded the free Kontakt 5 Player. Unfortunately I've been getting crashes left, right & centre ever since! In fact I can rarely make it to the end of a project playback never mind trying to record a take!

I've just realised that Kontakt 5 is designed to run with OSX 10.7 or above so that could perhaps be the root of my problem here? I've always been a bit cynical about upgrading my OS to be honest and have to date been of the opinion: "If it's not broken, don't fix it!" but since the addition of this Abbey Road software and associated Kontakt Player my system now feels very broken indeed!

Any thoughts, advice and/or recommendations gratefully accepted as I need to get things back up and running again ASAP. Do you think I need to consider upgrading my OS and, if so, to what platform (oh, and how exactly?!)

Thanks in advance good folks!

"Yup 9.1.8. on 10.6.8 is the most stable Logic Pro ever" - Lagerfeldt

Just read this on another thread. That's what I've been running with NO problems up until I tried running the Abbey Road Drums software using the free Kontakt player - "D'oh!" So it's a Kontakt/AR problem then! Any advice folks? Drums sound really good but I can't get to the end of a song in play mode and, as for recording a stretch, forget it!

No problems here with the latest version of Kontakt/Kontakt Player. Everything running smooth in both 10.6.8 and 10.8.4 (and Logic 9.1.8 and 10.0.3).

However, NI does specify that the latest supported version for Snow Leopard is Kontakt/Kontakt Player 5.0.3:

Mac OS 10.5 - 10.8 Compatibility.pdf

You should Kontakt NI for support.

J.