Problems searching for files on a mac.

This is a general osx question, but I don't wanna use more forums than I need, and its almost always in relation to a logic pro project in my case.

How do you quickly search your entire hard drive for files? Searching with Spotlight or the search on the upper right corner of finder ignores everything in the library directories. This includes all the important files I might want to find in Logic's "application support" folder, 3rd party presets, exs files, the list goes on.

I don't know why I can't find this answered anywhere, it seems like a very simple and common proposition. There doesn't seem to be any practical options for Spotlight anywhere actually. I'll settle with the fact that spaces default as an 'or' qualifier, which wears out my quotes key, but there has to be a way to easily search the whole hard drive for real... doesn't there?

I think i found it, press the plus on the right after searching, and setting the resultant menus to "system files", "include".

Should this cover me to actually be searching the whole hd? especially in relation to possibly logic related files?

Yes. :) You can continue adding stuff to the search to narrow things down...like looking just for audio files...or in Spotlight-speak: "music".

J.