Plug-in to get audio to trigger MIDI events in real time?

Can someone give me a tip where to find or how to do this:

I need a plugin thet acts like a trigger to midi. something like a gate. set the threshold and when the signal (from audiotrack or input) opens the gate, it sends for example a g# to EXS24.. So when i hit the kick it triggers a sample on a specified key. Like somekind of sidechain, but for trigging..

kindly. :?:

Thanks..

but the thing is that i want it realtime, and i dont want to use the samples that drumreplacement can offer me.. I didnt manage to make it play my own samples, and i didnt manage to make it play realtime..

anybody knows what 3rd party stuff can do this?

Do you have Reaktor?

No-- unfortunately not..

Ah, too bad. I've got a sweet little Reaktor Ensemble that does exactly this.

i just want a tiny little plugin..

Well, it's not too tiny. The plug-in has to host and play the sample itself. Presently, no one is supporting MIDI out in AU plugs, just VST.

This one tracks peaks and you can set a threshold for triggering. Basic pitch and envelope controls. It's very responsive. Load in any sample you like. I was going to build a bandpass filter into the front end, but its easy to just put a channel EQ in the slot before it to home in on what you want the sample to trigger from. If you get Reaktor I could set you up.

audiotosample.jpg.17f4c0bac9d4964d3efcabd2d21a96ce.jpg

This one tracks peaks and you can set a threshold for triggering. Basic pitch and envelope controls. It's very responsive. Load in any sample you like. I was going to build a bandpass filter into the front end, but its easy to just put a channel EQ in the slot before it to home in on what you want the sample to trigger from. If you get Reaktor I could set you up.

Wow..sounds great..

so.. it would be possible to insert mr reaktor on for example the Kicktrack for my drums, and when i go on red it would still trig the samples? Like i play on my acoustic drums and hearing the trigged sample?

Thanks.. it looked great but it was PPC only.

and still it looked too complicated in someway..what im looking for is very simple really..

hmm.

What are you looking to run it on then?

trust me it's very very very simple.

It's just a filter that starts a midi signal when a peak goes over the threshold.

It doesn't even need any setting up, the default settings worked well for me when I used it to trigger a kick drum sample off the audio file.

What are you looking to run it on then?

trust me it's very very very simple.

It's just a filter that starts a midi signal when a peak goes over the threshold.

It doesn't even need any setting up, the default settings worked well for me when I used it to trigger a kick drum sample off the audio file.

I have MacbookPro..with intel processors not PPC.. Did you manage to run it on Intel?

Yes it looks very nice, and if it would work it would be super..with complicated i just meant that I only need the.. hm how to say.."Gate for audio to midi"

I trust you when you say its simple.

I have MacbookPro..with intel processors not PPC.. Did you manage to run it on Intel?

Yes it looks very nice, and if it would work it would be super..with complicated i just meant that I only need the.. hm how to say.."Gate for audio to midi"

I trust you when you say its simple.

I'd still imagine it works fine, I'd say just download it and try, delete if not

so.. it would be possible to insert mr reaktor on for example the Kicktrack for my drums, and when i go on red it would still trig the samples? Like i play on my acoustic drums and hearing the trigged sample?

If you insert this as an effect on a kick track, it responds to the kick peak and triggers the loaded sample. You can hear it with or without the track audio, ie just the sample if you want. That's it.

If you insert this as an effect on a kick track, it responds to the kick peak and triggers the loaded sample. You can hear it with or without the track audio, ie just the sample if you want. That's it.

Hahaa that is what I want to do.. so..I have to make myself a new budget then..really nice..

thanks.

• 7 years later...
  • 3 years later...