Chopping and editing two track of drums

Well I got a cool performance I’d like to keep and edit. Unfortunately, there’s no spot mics on the kick or snare (I’d like to add a trigger /samples)

First I need to do the best I can at isolating the kick from snare.

There’s just two overhead mics. I have a trigger program .

I’m duplicating the two tracks and trying to cut out the kick and then I’ll try on snare ….then I’ll try to blend the original tracks with trigger tracks.

How do I cut out just the kick or just the snare ? Is there a shortcut or do I need to just cut and go through the tedious process ? Not perfect timing either ….any help appreciated . Thank you

Perhaps this Logic's Replace/Double drum sound method could help...

Ifnot applicable, have you considered filtering/compress to enhance the kick and snare?

Thank you for the tips….yeah I considered that. In the end I chopped it up ….not happy about doing that and I won’t again. Spot mics if I ever do this again . Btw the filtering does help good idea. i also thought of strip silence but my experience with that feature and the drum hits so close together is a nightmare . Got it close enough with cutting the files