Can't connect my Roland DS-61>Akai EIE Pro>Logic.... HELP!

Newbie here who just purchased a Roland DS-61 and I can't figure out how to use it in Logic. I downloaded the necessary driver, bought two MIDI cables and put them through my AKAI EIE Pro Audio Interface. When I press on the keyboard, I get a signal to my track but no sound. I am connected using two MIDI cables. I AM NOT USING USB. Every tutorial I look up is for connecting through USB and that is not what I have. I'm wondering if a USB connection is what I should have been using from the beginning but apparently I'm supposed to be able to record just by taking my MIDI cables, plugging them into the back of my AKAI and then making a new external MIDI track... I know I must be doing some stupid mistake but no tutorial on earth has been able to help me.

Some pictures for context:

https://imgur.com/a/0ziODE0

Turns out I was overthinking the whole thing and I should just use a usb cable. I’m just trying to use my keyboard with logic through my interface and figured MIDI cables were the solution but I really just need to bypass the interface altogether and just plug in straight through usb.

Turns out I was overthinking the whole thing and I should just use a usb cable. I’m just trying to use my keyboard with logic through my interface and figured MIDI cables were the solution but I really just need to bypass the interface altogether and just plug in straight through usb.