UAD Console Aux from inside logic to cue mix or virtual out in uad console, BUT without using Logics Input Monitoring

Go to solution Solved by JakobP,

Alright this might be a weird and very specific question and I'm risking it because I had so many great replies on this forum. Soo.. I'm using the console for tracking vocals and now Im looking to buy the TC8210-DT reverb (the plan is to give the artist the little controller so that they can adjust their own reverb when recording), but I don't want to use Logics Internal Monitoring in addition to the console. Does anybody know any way to just send that one reverb aux to the console (cue mix or virtual input doesn't really matter) without using Auto Input Monitoring. If you have workarounds - GREAT, if you want clarification - GREAT. I would be glad for any intel on this!

Not really, I would use an aux which outputs directly to the virtual output with no other output, and since the reverb isn't loaded in console it should theoretically be possible. But yeah the issue is kinda I didnt find a really good streamlined way to just monitor a singular aux through logic without it becoming annoying and producing feedback as soon as I select an armed mic channel.

I came up with kind of a solution, which would be to Input monitor the Mic in where the vocal goes in, but then send from that PFS to a reverb, route that back into console, and pull the fader on the Mic input down within logic. This way I would get the Vocal without latency, and the reverb with the buffer size latency depending on the project of course but probably around 11ms (which isn't really a problem with reverb IMO). If anybody has any better solution I'll just leave the post here for now.

Wow boy now I feel even dumber. I have been using logic for years, but never noticed that I don't even have to activate input monitoring for auxes. WTF why is that even that way is it a bug or is it intended. Very nice now I can actually do exactly what I wanted. Thanks a lot JakobP and everyone else ;). Im gonna try to learn more about how exactly the LPX monitoring works now that I had that epiphany!