Problem with the tempo in a song...

Hi. I've a song with audio and guitar tracks (NO one is a software instrument) with a tempo of 120, BUT the real tempo of the song is 79...

Now I want to add software instruments that need the exact tempo... but if I change the tempo, all the sounds in the tracks shrink one by one and all the tracks go bad...

Is there any solution?

I do not know if I explained well...

The shrinking of the audio regions is normal.

Their playback (speed) won't change and their relative positions shouldn't be altered either.

In other words, setting a different tempo will not affect the playback of the audio regions already present in your project, providing that you didn't enable Flex time.

It is advisable to change the project tempo to fit that recorded audio material (from 120m to 79) before recording the software instruments.

Additionally, if the recorded audio performance tempo (intently) fluctuates, it could be necessary to use beat mapping to get a tempo track against which the (MIDI) software instrument(s) could be then recorded, quantized and synced to.

Judicious use of Groove track could also help syncing all your tracks.

• 3 weeks later...

Finally I've time to try your solution but it doesn't work for me... every region shrink one by one and all the tracks go spoil. Note that all the recorded tracks are audio tracks, not software instruments...

Perhaps If I bounced every track from the begining and then change the tempo will work, but is not another easely way?

thanks

• 3 weeks later...