What's a good USB hub?

Just be aware that, if you're outside the US and need to send anything back to OWC for a refund - for any reason, even within a couple of days - they will make you pay the return carriage and you won't get the import duty back, either.

I was stung by that little scheme a couple of weeks ago. Not impressed.

Just be aware that, if you're outside the US and need to send anything back to OWC for a refund - for any reason, even within a couple of days - they will make you pay the return carriage and you won't get the import duty back, either.

I was stung by that little scheme a couple of weeks ago. Not impressed.

Good to know, thanks for pointing that out. I guess it makes more sense to find a retailer in your country of residence.

Good to know, thanks for pointing that out. I guess it makes more sense to find a retailer in your country of residence.

Unfortunately OWC doesn't seem to have distributors in any other country outside the US, which is a shame, as by and large their gear is excellent.

Indeed, this was my first negative experience with them. I bought a Mercury Elite Pro Dock and a couple of SSDs to put in it. However, the fan noise was so loud that it would have been impossible to record with a microphone in the same room. According to their boffins, the fan is pushed to a higher speed because it's a dock as well as a drive enclosure. But the fan noise is not highlighted in the product listing, so I had no way of knowing about it until I received it and plugged it in.

This is why I'm so miffed about having to pay to ship it back from the UK to the US for a refund and, to add insult to injury, I didn't get the import duty back either.