i think studio monitors are very good for enjoying music, not just mixing, what you guys think?

just got a pair of yamaha hs5's, and it's simply awesome, i'm streaming music online and i can clearly hear the sub bass, the texture of the reverb, and even synthesizers feel like detailed acoustic instruments, i listened to a lot of big expensive consumer home speakers, from brands like harmon & kardon, sony, bose, adam audio, and it's bad, kick drum sounds scattered, the low-mid range feels muddy, and somehow i can't hear much reverb, but the studio monitors i just got? oh boy they're awesome! my brother's not even sitting close to the monitors and he too can clearly hear everything, even though the hs5 is a near-field monitor.

so what you guys think about listening and enjoying music on studio monitors?

i've listened to many different loudspeakers in display rooms, and to me, every song, room, speaker, listener and listening position is different, so to actually get the best result, we need to be able to adjust the EQ just like we could during music production, and that's what i do, i use qq music, a popular music streaming service in china, it has a graphic EQ, apple's itunes (now music) also has one, and using it to add a tid bit more bass and treble sounds better to me.